The UWE Bristol Fund awards grants of up to £3,000 for community partnership projects which help to achieve the following aims:
- Build relationships between staff, students and local communities
- Develop opportunities for students to volunteer in the local community and enhance teamwork, communication and project management skills
- Develop opportunities to enhance student learning through practical, community-based projects
- Develop projects which will have significant impact for the Bristol region.
Am I eligible to apply?
Applications must be led by a current UWE Bristol student or staff member, and identify a lead community partner. If you have a good idea and are seeking a suitable community partner, the UWE Bristol Fund team can help with this.
We define ‘community organisations’ as non-profit making, so this could include the local authority for example, but it would exclude funding any activity for commercial purposes.
What type of projects do we fund?
We give priority to projects that focus on the following areas:
- Schools and education – UWE Bristol students working with young people in areas with low progression into HE.
- Sustainability – engagement with a wide range of community based sustainability initiatives.
- Tackling inequality – working with charities and community groups in key neighbourhoods in Bristol.
“The Festive Friends event in St Werburghs for isolated older people made a bigger difference than I ever initially imagined.”
How much money is available?
You can apply for funds up to £3,000. This is the standard funding limit, rather than a maximum you should aim for. Your budget should realistically reflect the costs required for the project and we also welcome applications under this limit. Please see our application guidance for details.
If your project will cost more than £3,000 you can apply to the Community Fund to part-fund the project together with funding from other sources. Your application should indicate where additional funding will come from, and whether this funding is guaranteed.
How do I apply?
Round one of applications will open from Monday 3 September 2018 to Monday 29 October 2018.
Round two of applications will open from Monday 4 February 2019 to Monday 1 April 2019.
Applications will be assessed against a number of criteria and you will also be asked to submit a budget as part of the process. Please see application guidance for details.
If you have any questions about the process, please contact the UWE Bristol Fund Team.