The UWE Bristol Fund awards grants of up to £3,000 for community partnership projects which help to achieve the following aims:
- Build relationships between staff, students and local communities
- Develop opportunities for students to volunteer in the local community and enhance teamwork, communication and project management skills
- Develop opportunities to enhance student learning through practical, community-based projects
- Develop projects which will have significant impact for the Bristol region.
Am I eligible to apply?
Applications must be led by a current UWE Bristol student or staff member, and identify a lead community partner. If you have a good idea and are seeking a suitable community partner, the UWE Bristol Fund team can help with this.
We define ‘community organisations’ as non-profit making, so this could include the local authority for example, but it would exclude funding any activity for commercial purposes.
The project must benefit communities in the following areas – Bristol, Bath and North East Somerset, North Somerset and South Gloucestershire.
What type of projects do we fund?
We give priority to projects that focus on the following areas:
- Schools and education – UWE Bristol students working with young people in areas with low progression into HE.
- Sustainability – supporting the city and region to become more sustainable, with a low impact on our planet and a healthy environment for all.
- Stronger communities – helping to build resilient and inclusive neighbourhoods, where people are able to participate in and benefit from the economic and cultural opportunities in the city and region.
- Health and wellbeing – ensuring that everyone has the opportunity to live a life in which they are mentally and physically healthy.
“The Festive Friends event in St Werburghs for isolated older people made a bigger difference than I ever initially imagined.”
How much money is available?
You can apply for funds up to £3,000. This is the standard funding limit, rather than a maximum you should aim for. Your budget should realistically reflect the costs required for the project and we also welcome applications under this limit. Please see our application guidance for details.
If your project will cost more than £3,000 you can apply to the Community Fund to part-fund the project together with funding from other sources. Your application should indicate where additional funding will come from, and whether this funding is guaranteed.
How do I apply?
Applications for the Community Fund for round one are now
closed. Round two of applications will open from Monday 4 February
2019 to Monday 1 April 2019 .
Please email an initial expression of interest and your idea for a community partnership project to firstname.lastname@example.org. You will then be contacted with further details.
Applications will be assessed against a number of criteria and you will also be asked to submit a budget as part of the process. Download the application guidance notes.The UWE Bristol Community Fund is jointly funded with the