MOVE is about getting involved in activities to help you feel good. Brought to you by UWE Bristol Sport and The Students' Union at UWE, it will get you moving in a way and at a time that suits you. With multiple activities to get involved in there's something for everyone – you don't need to be a student to join.
Don’t feel very sporty or fit? Don’t worry, you’ll be welcome at MOVE sessions.
"An organised programme with a variety of activities to choose from at extremely affordable prices. The classes are well taught and enjoyable for all."
- Learn exciting new skills while developing your fitness.
- MOVE runs during semesters one and two.
- MOVE is affordable and sessions are flexible – options include taster sessions, drop-in sessions, leagues and six-week ‘learn to’ courses.
- There’s something for you, whether you’re a beginner trying something out for the first time, want to drop in without committing to weekly training or you want to play in a team.
- Get coached by experienced, highly-qualified instructors.
- The huge range of activities available means there’s something for all levels of fitness, from football to hula hooping.
- It costs £25 for term 2 membership (available from January 2020).
- You can join online.
- If you are currently an Active Card or Gym member at UWE Bristol Sport please visit or call the Centre for Sport reception 0117 32 86200 to purchase MOVE membership.
Once you have bought your MOVE membership you can book sessions following the below procedure:
- 6 week courses - email, visit or call the Centre for Sport reception on +44(0)117 32 86200
- Weekly Drop in Sessions - via the MOVE button on the UWE Bristol Sport app, online or through the Centre for Sport reception
- Leagues - follow the link in your welcome email that you will receive after purchasing your MOVE membership
Take part as a non-member
- If you aren't a MOVE member you can still take part in activities by paying a set fee per drop-in session.
- Please register as a non-member (select the Pay as you Go option)
- Follow the link in the confirmation email to receive your PIN
- Once you have your PIN you can book sessions:
Take a look at the timetable to see when activities are running.
View all the sports and activities available at UWE Bristol Sport.
New to MOVE... virtual classes
Access virtual classes through the MOVE programme. These take place in the Centre for Sport studio, on arrival the class will start automatically. Workout without the pressure of a live class and take part in a fun and relaxed session led by world class instructors. Spaces are limited so please book via the MOVE button on the app, online or via UWE Bristol Sport reception. Classes are free for MOVE members, or £5 for non MOVE members.
What people say about MOVE
“Despite being 10-12 years older than most of the other footballers taking part, I was made to feel welcome and enjoyed being part of the group. It gave my mental wellbeing a boost and gave me something to look forward to at the end of a long week of study and work. Looking forward to Mars just play starting again later in the year” Staff member
Opens your horizons
“I’ve thoroughly enjoyed participating in the MOVE programme in 2018/2019. It’s enabled me to learn a variety of new skills, from aerial arts to skiing, all conveniently located either on campus or with transport included. There’s a fantastic range of learn to courses and regular classes on offer and it’s great value for money!” Student
"The MOVE programme provides a great opportunity to learn new skills, meet interesting people and do something completely different! And all for a great price. I will definitely re-join this upcoming academic year!" Student
Gets you fit away from the desk
"MOVE provides a great way of keeping fit and active when you have a sedentary job. I attend during my lunch break, and have done yoga, Tai Chi and have joined a running group. I found a quote which says it all for me; “Fitness helps me think better, feel better, and move better” Student
"As a staff member who discovered MOVE in 2018, I have found taking an hour out of the week for Tai Chi, or trying out a new skill such as Archery, a great way to do something new and allow my mind to regroup away from the desk – I recommend it! " Staff member
"The Tai Chi classes are fun. We work on various movements followed by some relaxing meditation." Staff member