Active Card membership
Our Active Card membership offers inclusive use of many of our fantastic sports facilities and services to help you reach any health, fitness or sporting goal.
- Entry to both the Centre for Sport and Wallscourt Farm gyms
- Unlimited access to over 40 exercise classes per week
- Use of the climbing wall, table tennis and squash courts (guest fees payable*)
- Subsidised rates on sports hall booking and other activities
- Use of our UWE Bristol Sport app and online booking system
British Universities and Colleges Sport (BUCS) UNIversal
If you have an Active Card membership at UWE Bristol Sport you get access to the exclusive BUCS UNIversal scheme. So if you head home for the holidays or are visiting friends at other universities you may be able to access the gym at the local university.
Find out which other universities are participating and contact the Centre for Sport reception to get your BUCS UNIversal card and for further details. You may need to complete documentation and an induction at the participating venue.
|Cost per membership per year||Fee||Monthly Rate|
|Staff and their families/alumni/retired staff/aged 60+||£245||£20.41|
- If you bring a guest they will be charged £3.50 per court to use the court facilities and £5 to use the climbing wall.
- If you would like to join the MOVE programme but have already bought your Active Card membership please visit or call the Centre for Sport reception 0117 32 86200 to purchase MOVE membership.
If you're a student you need to pay for annual membership up front. You can buy a student Active Card membership online.
Renew your Active Card and save: If you hold a six or 12-month student membership, you can save on the cost of your Active Card for the next academic year. Renew before your membership runs out and you can save £65 by renewing for £150 rather than the usual £215. Contact reception to renew.
Staff and their family, alumni, retired staff, aged 60+ and the community can pay the annual Active Card membership in full or via a monthly rolling membership paid through reoccurring card payments.
Staff can also opt to pay monthly directly from their salary, which will be a rolling membership. If you would prefer to pay monthly, please visit the Centre for Sport reception to set up your recurring card payment or through your salary.
You can buy an annual Active Card membership online.
Criteria for alumni membership
You must have completed a course or programme at UWE Bristol to qualify for alumni membership. You'll be required to bring in a UWE Bristol alumni card or confirmation email from the Alumni Office as proof.
- View our membership terms and conditions.
- If you have any queries about membership, classes or activities, please contact us.
UWE Bristol Sport app
With the UWE Bristol Sport app you can book classes and facilities online, as well as find out about our latest news and offers.