Equity and employability
We read the national statistics on Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic (BAME) graduates in the workplace. And we took action. We asked staff, students and external partners how best we could help students break through the barriers they faced.
The result was Equity: a forward-looking programme, working with BAME organisations and professionals, aimed at unlocking talent through building BAME students with the confidence, skills and networks to succeed in their chosen career.
“Equity didn’t just give us skills; it illuminated a pathway for us to follow after leaving university.”
Students can get involved with a range of events and activities where they can:
- Be inspired by leading BAME role models and professionals
- Build self-awareness and confidence through identity and leadership coaching
- Learn entrepreneurial and professional skills on workshops
- Develop a supportive network of contacts in their areas of interest
- Access one-to-one mentoring, helping them go into their chosen career.
This is all done within a supportive and friendly community where many students will make friends for life.
After an amazing response from our Business and Law students during the programme’s first year, we’ve extended it university-wide.
“Equity didn’t just give me access to meeting hardworking, inspiring people - it gave me a path I could follow in order to access more and better future job opportunities.”
Equity evening speaker series
Our equity evening speaker events are open to students, staff and professionals of all ethnicities. Event and registration details will be available on the UWE Bristol website one month before each date.
|Date/time||UWE Bristol campus|
|5 December 2019, 16:00||Glenside Campus|
|22 January 2020, 18:00||Frenchay Campus|
|19 February 2020, 18:00||Frenchay Campus|
|18 March 2020, 18:00||Frenchay Campus|
|19 March 2020, 16:00||Glenside Campus|
- If you are a student looking to take part in the Equity programme you can find all the information on our Equity student webpages.
- Business professionals and entrepreneurs wanting to support the scheme and get involved should visit our Equity support webpages.
For general enquiries about the Equity programme please email email@example.com.