Employability in numbers
UWE Bristol employability in numbers (text)
- UWE Bristol consistently outperforms the HE sector for % of graduates in professional/managerial jobs after 6 months. This year it is 75% compared to 73%. Source: HESA Destinations of Leavers for Higher Education, published 2018.
- 96% of UWE Bristol graduates are in work or further study six months after graduating. Figures extracted from the HESA Destinations of Leavers for Higher Education, published 2018.
- 98.1% of UWE Bristol graduates are in employment or further study 3 ½ years after graduation, compared to the national average of 97.6%. Source: Destinations of Leavers from Higher Education Longitudinal Survey, published 2017.
- More than 9,000 placements were undertaken in 2017/18.
- 7,000 opportunities advertised with us for placements, jobs and internships by 5,000 organisations and employers in the last year.
- 236 internships and global bursaries were funded by UWE Bristol and our Santander Universities partner for our students in 2017/18.
- Last year 172 graduates had either started their own business or were self-employed within six months of graduating.
- Over 600 employers visited UWE Bristol to take part in recruitment events in 2017/18.
- UWE Bristol runs the largest graduate fair in the South West.