Resources for external examiners
External examiners are individuals drawn from academia and also industry, business and the professions, appointed to provide institutions with impartial and independent advice alongside informative comment on the institution’s standards and on student achievement in relation to those standards.
If you are a member of staff at UWE Bristol and are interested in becoming an external examiner please see our FAQs for more information about the role.
Resources for external examiners are available through the links given below:
- UWE Bristol External Expertise Service
- The External Examiner's Operational Guide
- University faculty structure
- Flowchart of monitoring and external reporting feedback loop
- Online assessment guidance (Blackboard)
- Exam paper moderation guidance (access dependent on permissions)
- Collaborative Provision Operations SharePoint site Guidance
- Collaborative Provision Operations SharePoint site - Folders and Headings Guidance
- External Examiner Fee and Expenses Procedure
- Fee Payment Schedule
- HEA Handbook for External Examining
- Academic calendar (2019/20)
External examiner Induction Day information
Please watch our short video with a demonstration of the updated External Examiner Facility in Blackboard (UWE Bristol login required) and video guide on Pebblepad, in particular accessing and viewing sample packages and files.
Other external examiner induction day resources:
- Agenda for the external examiners' induction day (8 January 2020)
- Welcome presentation from Director of Learning and Teaching
- External examiner annual reporting
- New external examiner workshop presentation
- External Examining presentation of partnership provision
- Examples of good and poor responses within external examiner reports
For queries regarding assessment information, please refer to the student records and assessment information.
Any queries concerning the external examiner role and responsibilities, please email email@example.com.