Introduction to academic partnerships
The term academic partnership encompasses activities such as collaborative provision, credit recognition, student exchange and any other teaching and learning activities conducted in collaboration with external institutions and organisations.
UWE Bristol has established a number of academic partnerships both in the UK and overseas. Building on our successful experience to date, we continue to develop collaborative provision in line with our strategic priorities.
Dedicated policies and supporting mechanisms have been put in place to facilitate the development and maintenance of partnerships and to ensure that the quality of student experience and the standards of our awards are maintained across all academic partnerships:
UWE Bristol Strategy 2020
UWE Bristol Strategy 2020 sets out an overarching strategic approach to partnerships.
UWE Bristol academic regulations
Our academic regulations describe governance arrangements and procedures for safeguarding academic standards and the quality of learning opportunities provided in collaboration with other organisations.
Processes for approving, extending and reviewing academic partnerships
Below are four downloadable documents outlining our academic partnership process:
- Formation of a New Academic Partnership
- Extending Provision within an Academic Partnership and an Extension proposal form
- Agreement Review
Academic Partnership Portal
Academic Partnerships Portal (access dependent on permissions) is an internal platform for sharing information and logging activities related to partnership work.
- The processes and guidance section of the portal describes different models of collaboration developed by us and the dedicated roles and processes supporting each collaborative provision model.
- The Partnerships SharePoint Site stores the list of current partners and records of partnership development activities, such as a calendar of visits, visit reports and a number of useful templates (eg a template for initiating new partnerships).
- Individual partner sites are used to support day-to-day operation of each partnership and to store academic agreements, records of meetings and annual quality monitoring reports.
Academic Partnerships Development Team
The Academic Partnerships Development Team is available to provide guidance and support for UWE Bristol and partner staff on the internal processes for initiating, developing, reviewing and maintaining academic partnerships.
- Collaborative Provision Manager – Stuart Evans (Stuart4.Evans@uwe.ac.uk)
- Senior Collaborative Provision Officer – Emma Youde (Emma.Youde@uwe.ac.uk)
- Senior Collaborative Provision Officer – Sara Phillips (Sara2.Phillips@uwe.ac.uk)
- Collaborative Provision Officer – Reece Kelly (Reece.Kelly@uwe.ac.uk)
In addition, there is a Partnerships Team that looks after programmes and students at our UK, International and Federation partner institutions. For enquiries relating to partnership student and programme administration, please email Partnerships.Sat@uwe.ac.uk.