Student support from the Community Liaison Team
The Community Liaison Team can help out with and offer an advice service regarding issues including:
- accommodation condition/issues, including liaison with landlords/ managing agents to help rectify issues not dealt with or taking too long to be dealt with
- tenancy issues, including rights and responsibilities in private rented accommodation and advice on and signposting to relevant agencies/ people to resolve tenancy problems
- resolution of neighbour complaints and or complaints re noise from neighbours or other flats
- sign posting to key contacts for private rented accommodation issues resolution
- initial welfare issues. The Community Liaison team can make home visits and will liaise with welfare/ wellbeing at UWE Bristol to help support students in private rented accommodation.
All UWE Bristol students living in the community are welcome to contact Community Liaison and the team will investigate.