Performance Sport facilities and services
As an athlete on the Performance Sport programme you will have access to a number of professional and support services and facilities.
Specially crafted for the athletes, the performance gym is located in the Wallscourt Farm facility on our Frenchay Campus. The performance gym is open exclusively to athletes on our Performance Sport programme and selected Students' Union at UWE sports clubs.
The performance gym features some of the latest technology such as body composition and smartspeed timing gates, and incorporates lifting platforms, squat racks, watt bikes, a large range of free weights and benches.
Local sports facilities
Where facilities are not available on campus we have invested in additional facilities locally. This includes access to artificial and grass pitches at Lockleaze Sports Centre and Boat Club facilities.
Sports services professionals
As an athlete on the Performance Sport programme you will be supported by a team of sports services professionals to help enhance your sporting potential including:
- dedicated strength and conditioning instructors
- physiotherapists and sports massage professionals helping to reduce your injury risk and provide rehabilitation services
- sport psychologists providing you with mental skills training to enhance performance
- performance lifestyle support helping you create the unique environment necessary for your success
- nutrition experts to provide you with individual dietary analysis and meal planning to optimise performance.