UWE Bristol has two state of the art fitness suites on the Frenchay Campus, both just yards away from the Student Village and Wallscourt Farm accommodation blocks. Whatever your health, fitness or sporting goal, we have all the facilities and expertise to help you succeed.
Centre for Sport gym
Packed with equipment, the Centre for Sport has everything you could need. Our state-of-the-art, air-conditioned fitness suite includes a full range of resistance, cardio and strength training equipment. There’s also a stretching area and free weight area to target all muscle groups. Fitness instructors are always available to help out and ensure a safe environment.
- Cardiovascular equipment including climbers, treadmills, cross-trainers, rowing ergos and Watt bikes
- Touchscreen consoles allow you to personalise your workout and you can connect to LF Connect via your smart phone
- Synrgy Rig equipment providing a dynamic workout space for individual, group and class users
- Boditrax console to measure and track your body composition in a secure and discreet way
- Functional training and free weight space incorporating squat racks, integrated lifting platforms with full and half racks and plate loaded machines
- Large floor space for stretching, conditioning, floor work, warm ups and cool downs
- Changing rooms with lockers and showers
- Instructors on hand to advise
Wallscourt Farm gym
Wallscourt Farm Gym (see map) was acquired by UWE Bristol in October 2009 and fully refurbished with new equipment. The gym features a range of cardiovascular equipment as well as a range of resistance equipment for muscle toning and a small free weight section.
- New high quality Life Fitness resistance machines
- Cardiovascular and resistance stations
- Changing rooms with lockers and showers are available
Specially crafted for the advanced athlete, the performance gym opened on the ground floor at Wallscourt Farm Gym in 2009. The performance gym is open exclusively for athletes on our Performance Sport programme and selected Students' Union at UWE Sports Clubs.
- Plyometric boxes
- Olympic lifting plates and bars
- Concept 2 rowers
- Lying leg curl
- Medicine balls
- Squat stands
Changing rooms with lockers and showers are also available.
The gym team
Experienced fitness instructors are on hand to provide you with training advice throughout your session. Our team of specialists also offer a range of services from personal training and exercise plans to physiotherapy and sport massage.
See the full range of gym services available at the Centre for Sport.
Hosting over 40 exercise classes per week, the aerobics studio is kitted out with all the equipment you need, including the latest spin bikes, coloured lighting and mirrors. Explore the class timetable for more information on classes hosted in the Studio and Viewing Gallery.