UWE Bristol and The Students' Union at UWE have gained external recognition for their efforts to improve their sustainability performance across the board – for their teaching and research, for their professional services and for the dynamism and creativity of individual students and staff.
- The Knowledge Exchange for Sustainability Education (KESE) Team picked up an Advance HE Collaborative Award for Teaching Excellence.
- The Students' Union at UWE retained their Excellent Green Impact Accreditation and were awarded for the second year running the ‘Overall Highest Scoring Students’ Union award’.
- The University and The Students' Union at UWE received several awards in the South West Fairtrade Business awards.
- We retained our ISO 14000.1 Environmental Management system certification.
- We were awarded two International Green Gown Awards.
- We received an ‘Excellent’ accreditation in the NUS Green Impact awards and were overall winner.
- In November, we were finalists in nine categories and highly commended in three of the 2017 Green Gown awards.
- In June, we became the first UK University to receive the NUS Responsible Futures Accreditation under the full scheme.
- We gained particular recognition in the 2016 Green Gown Awards, where we were winners in four different categories and runners-up in another two.
Bristol Green Volunteers Awards: