UWE Bristol and The Students' Union at UWE have gained external recognition for their efforts to improve their sustainability performance across the board – for their teaching and research, for their professional services and for the dynamism and creativity of individual students and staff.
- For the fifth consecutive year, the University and The Students' Union at UWE received several awards in the South West Fairtrade Business awards.
- For the third year in a row, The Students’ Union at UWE retained the excellent accreditation rating, and received the ‘Highest Scoring Students’ Union’ Award at the NUS Green Impact Awards.
- The Students' Union at UWE and UWE Bristol were jointly reaccredited for NUS Responsible Futures.
- In late 2018 The Students’ Union at UWE won two awards at the EAUC Green Gown awards - the Student Sustainability Champion went to former Sustainability Officer, Amy Staff, and in the ‘Student Engagement Category for large institutions’, they were outright winners for their ‘Bring Your Own Bowl’ food waste events and were shortlisted for the International Green Gown awards held in 2019.
- UWE Bristol has been shortlisted for five sustainability awards at the UK and Ireland Green Gown Awards 2019.
- The Knowledge Exchange for Sustainability Education (KESE) Team picked up an Advance HE Collaborative Award for Teaching Excellence.
- The Students' Union at UWE retained their Excellent Green Impact Accreditation and were awarded for the second year running the ‘Overall Highest Scoring Students’ Union award’.
- The University and The Students' Union at UWE received several awards in the South West Fairtrade Business awards.
- We retained our ISO 14000.1 Environmental Management system certification.
- We were awarded two International Green Gown Awards.
- We received an ‘Excellent’ accreditation in the NUS Green Impact awards and were overall winner.
- In November, we were finalists in nine categories and highly commended in three of the 2017 Green Gown awards.
- In June, we became the first UK University to receive the NUS Responsible Futures Accreditation under the full scheme.
- We gained particular recognition in the 2016 Green Gown Awards, where we were winners in four different categories and runners-up in another two.
The awards logos listed do not include the full number for each year but are representative of our activities.