Academic Board members and composition
The Academic Board is made up of a mix of Executive and non-Executive staff drawn from across the institution.
- Vice-Chancellor (Chair)
- Deputy Vice-Chancellor/Provost (Deputy Chair)
- Pro Vice-Chancellor: Student Experience
- Pro Vice-Chancellor: Research and Enterprise
- Pro Vice-Chancellor/Executive Deans (4)
- Director of Learning and Teaching
- Director of Graduate School
- Representative Heads of Department (4; 1 per faculty)
- Vice-Chancellor's Nominees:
- Representative Associate Dean, Learning and Teaching (rotated annually)
- Representative Associate Dean, Research and Knowledge Exchange (rotated annually).
Non-Executive (elected) members
- Representative Professors (4; 1 per faculty)
- Representative from those with responsibility for Learning and Teaching Management (4; 1 per faculty)
- Representative from teaching staff (4; 1 per faculty)
- Representative from Professional Services (1)
- President of Students’ Union at UWE Bristol
- Vice-President of Students’ Union at UWE Bristol, on the nomination of the Students’ Union President (1; normally the Vice President: Education)
- Student Representatives (4; normally 2 undergraduate, 1 postgraduate taught, 1 postgraduate research).
The membership can also include up to two co-opted members. Co-opted members are appointed by the Board in consultation with the Chair. Co-opted members have voting rights.
The following staff will also be in attendance:
- Director of Student and Academic Services
- Director of Library, Careers and Inclusivity
- Director of Marketing and Future Students
- Chief Information Officer
- Secretary and Deputy Secretary of Academic Board
- Clerk and Deputy Clerk of Board of Governors.
A member of the Board of Governors will observe the meeting.
Any member of staff may attend the Academic Board, and, at the invite of the Chair, may contribute to the discussions.
Minimum number of people that must be present to constitute a valid meeting (Quorum): One third of members eligible to attend.
Frequency of meetings: five per year