Equality and Diversity Forum (EDF)
The Equality and Diversity Forum (EDF) meets termly and offers members the opportunity to discuss a wide range of equality, diversity and inclusion issues and topics.
Role of the EDF Forum
The Forum has a specific role to carry out the following activities:
- Be a consultative forum and make recommendations on University policy and practice with regard to equality and diversity issues for students and staff.
- To support and supplement the existing arrangements for carrying out consultations at UWE Bristol with students and staff on equality and diversity issues.
- To make recommendations to the Vice Chancellor and the Equality Management Group with regard to equality and diversity issues for students and staff.
- To scrutinise and make recommendations on the Equality Analysis process and outcomes.
- Vice Chancellor (chair)
- A Board of Governors representative
- Pro Vice-Chancellor
- Director of Human Resources
- Director of Widening Participation
- Equality and Diversity Manager
- Six trade union representatives (UCU, UNISON and UNITE)
- Two Students' Union representatives
- Up to twelve student and staff representatives (from self-organised groups)
- Two staff Equality and Diversity Champions
For more detailed information on the Equality and Diversity
Forum, please contact the Equality and