Single Equality Scheme (SES)
Working with key stakeholders, including strategic 2020 programmes and Equality Management Group, the Equality and Diversity Unit have developed the Single Equality Scheme (SES), Inclusivity 2020, to ensure that equality and diversity is embedded in everything we do.
UWE Bristol has launched its ambitious new 2030 strategy. The Inclusivity 2030 will be launched later this year, setting out in more detail the commitments we have made and the actions we will drive forward. Information on our existing Inclusivity 2020 is provided below.
About Inclusivity 2020
Inclusivity 2020, our Single Equality Scheme (SES) for 2016 to 2020 sets out the University's commitment to achieving positive outcomes for all students and staff.
"At UWE Bristol, we passionately believe in inclusivity and opportunity for all students, staff and the wider community. We recognise the key role education has in helping transform society, to the benefit of all individuals and communities.
"As a University, we place considerable value on the diversity of our student body and this is increasingly reflected in the diversity of our staff. This diversity brings significant benefits to the University, greatly enriching our learning and working environment and through this Scheme we will see this continue to grow."
The Single Equality Scheme:
- Brings together and builds on our previous equality schemes and sets out our equality objectives.
- Covers all aspects of the life and work of the University: as a place of teaching and learning, as a place of research and knowledge exchange, as an employer and as a partner working with and within local, national and international communities.
- Describes the ways in which the University seeks to provide an inclusive and supportive environment for all, meeting individual needs and taking account of individual circumstances.
- Demonstrates how the University promotes good relations between all staff, students and stakeholders.
Inclusivity 2020 documents
The following documents are available for download:
Equality and diversity aims
The Scheme has been built around six high level equality aims to encompass the different aspects of university life:
- Learning for all
- Positive experience for all
- Planning for all
- Voice for all
- Support for all
- Access for all.
How the Scheme was developed
Inclusivity 2020 was developed following extensive consultation with staff, students, the Students' Union, trade unions, staff networks and student societies. It is underpinned by UWE Bristol’s 2020 strategic ambition and values.
Find out more about the previous schemes.