UWE Bristol managers carry out equality analysis to consider the likely effects of our policies and practices on different groups protected from discrimination by the Equality Act, such as people of different ages.
Equality analysis involves using a range of information to assess and understand the potential effect of activities on people protected from discrimination. It can help to identify practical steps to tackle any negative effects, to advance equality and to foster good relations.
Take part in an equality analysis consultation.
Forms and guidance
You can find forms and guidance on the intranet (staff login required).
For further guidance, please see some examples of completed equality analysis documents below.
- Closure of car park 20 – 2016
- Change of title from 'Head Cleaner' to 'Team Leader' 2016
- Health and Safety Team Review 2019
- Glenside campus timetable change 2013-14
- Health and Safety Strategy 2013-2020
- Introduction of a Public Access Defibrillation (PAD) Scheme
- Review of receptionists' hours at the Centre for Sport
- Removal of intermittent fire alarm
- Walled sports area conversion to pitch and recreational sport area 2016, Plan of proposed recreation area, and Sports fields drawing – To view the 'sports field drawing' document in the correct orientation, open the PDF, go to view, rotate view, and then click counter clockwise it will show in the right format.
Faculty of Environment and Technology
Faculty of Health and Applied Sciences
Faculty of Business and Law
- Domestic Violence and Abuse Policy 2018
- Equality, diversity and inclusivity – review of governance and structure of services 2018
- HR Online 2015
- HR realignment EA 2016
- Portfolio review (as of February 2013)
- Professorial merit pay 2016
- Safeguarding, Disclosure and barring (DBS) checks and disclosure procedure
- Personal Relationships at Work Policy 2019
- Programme and Module Leader Development Programme 2019
- Learner Analytics 2019
- Attendance Recording 2019
- Academic Professional Apprenticeship 2019
- Overarching EA refreshed in 2018
- Academic Practice Directorate 2017
- Project Information and Management System 2017
- Attendance Recording, and Engagement and Attendance Policy 2017
- Programmatic Blackboard 2018
- Grand Challenge 2018
- Assessment Offences/Turnitin 2018
Marketing and Communications
People and Performance 2020
Student Journey Directorate
- Student Support and Wellbeing Change Process 2019
- Curriculum Management Project 2019
- Safeguarding Policy (revision) 2019
- Corporate Academic Services restructure (2013)
- Delivering UWE Bristol's 2020 Strategy
- Library services staffing review
- Report and support 2018
- Integrated Services (Open Door Team) 2016
- Recruitment and Outreach Role Review 2016
- Student Centre 2018
Student Information System 2020
If you would like any further information on our approach to equality analysis, please contact the Equality and Diversity Unit.