UWE Bristol managers carry out equality analysis to consider the likely effects of our policies and practices on different groups protected from discrimination by the Equality Act, such as people of different ages.
Equality analysis involves using a range of information to assess and understand the potential effect of activities on people protected from discrimination. It can help to identify practical steps to tackle any negative effects, to advance equality and to foster good relations.
Take part in an equality analysis consultation.
Forms and guidance
You can find forms and guidance on the intranet (staff login required).
For further guidance, please see some examples of completed equality analysis documents below.
- Closure of car park 20 – 2016
- Change of title from 'Head Cleaner' to 'Team Leader' 2016
- Glenside campus timetable change 2013-14
- Health and Safety Strategy 2013-2020
- Introduction of a Public Access Defibrillation (PAD) Scheme
- Review of receptionists' hours at the Centre for Sport
- Removal of intermittent fire alarm
- Walled sports area conversion to pitch and recreational sport area 2016, Plan of proposed recreation area, and Sports fields drawing – To view the 'sports field drawing' document in the correct orientation, open the PDF, go to view, rotate view, and then click counter clockwise it will show in the right format.
Faculty of Environment and Technology
Faculty of Health and Applied Sciences
Faculty of Business and Law
- Domestic Violence and Abuse Policy 2018
- Equality, diversity and inclusivity – review of governance and structure of services 2018
- HR Online 2015
- HR realignment EA 2016
- Portfolio review (as of February 2013)
- Professorial merit pay 2016
- Safeguarding, Disclosure and barring (DBS) checks and disclosure procedure
- Personal Relationships at Work Policy 2019
Marketing and Communications
People and Performance 2020
Student Journey Directorate
Student Information System 2020
If you would like any further information on our approach to equality analysis, please contact the Equality and Diversity Unit.