How to make a freedom of information request

Your freedom of information request must:

  • Be made in writing 
  • State the name of the applicant and an address for correspondence
  • Describe the information requested.

Please email your request to or send requests to:

Freedom of Information Officer, Governance
University of the West of England (UWE Bristol)
Frenchay Campus
Coldharbour Lane
BS16 1QY

Before you make a request

The information may be publicly available. Please see:

Requests for student and staff information

As a general rule the University does not disclose information about its staff and students. There are some exceptions, such as where the subject has consented, disclosure is to the subject’s authorised agent, or disclosure is to a law enforcement agency. For full details please read our guidance for requests for student information.

Freedom of information complaints

If you are dissatisfied with the way the University has handled your freedom of information request, please send your complaint to the University’s Freedom of Information Officer (see above).

If you believe that your complaint has not been dealt with properly, you may also complain to:
The Information Commissioner's Office
Wycliffe House
Water Lane

The Information Commissioner's Office website

Back to top