About the survey
The National Student Survey is an independent annual measure of the University, that allows students to rate their satisfaction with various aspects of our academic provision.
The University uses the survey data to monitor satisfaction with our courses, and make changes where necessary, as part of our overall commitment to listening to student opinion and engaging with students in an honest dialogue about their learning.
We are very proud of a number of aspects of our results from the National Student Survey. In 2011, our performance was top in the region for student satisfaction, scoring over 90% in the following academic subject areas:
- Physical Geography and Environmental Science
- Medical Technology
Three of these areas also scored over 90% in 2010.
UWE facilities acheived particularly strong results with the Library, IT and specialist facilities scoring a significant 84% compared to the national average of 81%.
Latest teaching news
- Project Zulu brings South African Township children's choir to the West
- UWE Bristol science lecturer wins national photography competition
- Challenges of raising school leaving age to 18 for young people who are NEET: UWE expert speaks at Parliamentary inquiry
- Project Zulu take on charity swim to bring South African Choir to Bristol in 2013