Centre for Sport
Sport and fitness play a vital part in UWE's academic offering and our approach to the student experience. Our £5.5m state-of-the-art complex on Frenchay Campus is the central hub of sport and fitness activity at UWE.
Membership packages are available to students, staff and the wider community.
Gym and sports facilities
- 70 station fitness suite with state of the art resistance and cardiovascular training machines and 'free-weight’ area
- Large main sports hall with a wooden sprung floor. The hall has court markings for a variety of sports including, badminton, basketball, netball, 5-a-side football, volleyball and indoor hockey
- Two glass back squash courts
- Fitness instructors are on hand to provide you with training advice throughout the day and provide a range of gym based services
- Aerobics studio that hosts a variety of exercise classes to suit all tastes
- All-weather pitch suitable for hockey and football
- Indoor climbing wall.
The standard of facilities is such that UWE was listed as a London 2012 Olympics and Paralympics Pre-Games Training Camp.
In addition to this, in 2009 UWE acquired the Wallscourt Farm gym and Performance gym, which is specifically crafted for the advanced athlete.