Previous DPA events
Throughout the year, we host a number of events which provide the opportunity to hear about the latest cutting-edge research from the world’s most renowned management research leaders.
2016 DPA events
- June 2016 - Avoiding 'Falls From Grace': Why Leading Ethically Is So Hard And What Leaders Can Do About It.
Florida A&M University College of Law
- March 2016 - Atmospheric Trust Litigation in the United States: Pipe Dream or Pipeline to Justice for Future Generations?
2015 DPA events
University of Strathclyde, Glasgow
- October 2015 - Does Entrepreneurship Make You Wealthy?
Hult International Business School
- June 2015 - Barbie-dolls, Burgers, Blogs and Bullies - Researching and Regulating Marketing to Children.
Warwick University Business School
- June 2015 - On looking for a Map and finding a Mirror: The contradictions and complexities of decision-making.
2014 DPA events
United States Naval War College
- February 2014 - The Law of Cyber Conflict: Quo Vadis.
Professor of International Human Resource Management at Henley Business School, University of Reading
- April 2014 - Comparative human resource management.
Former head of Strategic Planning, Royal Dutch Shell
- October 2014 - The Case for Fundamental Change in Business Management.
Research Professor at the Faculty of Law, North-West University, South Africa (Potchefstroom Campus)
- November 2014 - Human Rights and the Environment in the Anthropocene.
2013 DPA events
Visiting Professor of Law at the London School of Economics and practicing barrister
- March 2013 - Policing the financial markets.
Professor of Leadership and Management, Lancaster University Management School
- April 2013 - Taking Leadership: How Sustainability and Corporate Responsibility are Integral to Good Business.
Chair in Management Studies at GRI, School of Business, Economics and Law at University of Gothenburg
- October 2013 - Cyberwork: cybernization and cyborgization.
Professor of Industrial Strategy, Aston Business School
- November 2013 - Drivers of Change in the Global Auto Industry.
Chair in Organisation Studies, University of Bath School of Management
- December 2013 - When everyone is ‘special’: How we defend ourselves when we all believe in choice.
2012 DPA events
Director of the Institute for Social Marketing and the Cancer Research UK Centre for Tobacco Control Research, University of Stirling.
- February 2012 - The Marketing Matrix: How the corporation gets its power.
Howard Hawks Chair in Business Ethics and Leadership and Co-Director, Institute for Innovative Leadership, College of Business Administration, University of Nebraska-Lincoln USA
- April 2012 - Complexity: The Next Frontier in Leadership
Professor of Socio-Legal Studies at De Montfort University
- September 2012 - An Evaluation of the Long-term Effectiveness of Mediation in Cases of International Parental Child Abduction.
Professor of Management, University of Hertfordshire.
- October 2012 - Uncertainty and the need to rethink management
in the crisis of investment capitalism.