How to order robes
Please print out your order confirmation and take it with you on the day – your robes will be ready for collection at the Cathedral after registration.
Please be aware of other companies who offer graduation gowns and hoods. All gowns should be purchased from the official supplier and not from other companies.
Please note: consider your outfit on the day; the gowns are traditionally made to fit onto buttons, so if you are wearing clothing without buttons you may need some safety pins to keep it in place.
UWE Bristol robes
The recipients of awards are expected to wear formal academic robes:
- The academic hood worn by Certificate and Diploma holders from UWE Bristol/Hartpury College is black, part lined in plain red silk.
- Bachelors (first degree) wear a hood in black, fully lined in red brocade.
- The Postgraduate Diploma hood is also lined in red brocade, but has a red brocade ribbon on the top edge.
- The Masters hood is in red silk, fully lined in red brocade.
- The University's Doctors of Philosophy wear a red gown, the faces and sleeves of which are trimmed in grey silk; their hood is fully lined in grey silk.