How to order robes for your Awards Ceremony
All gowns and hoods must be purchased or hired from Ede & Ravenscroft. You cannot wear robes that belong to a friend or family member.
Robe hire price guide
|Gown||Website price (£5 Discount)||Call centre price||On-the-day price||Extra-time fee
(keep for seven extra days)
UWE Bristol robes
- The academic hood worn by Certificate and Diploma holders from UWE Bristol/University Centre Hartpury is black, part lined in plain red silk.
- Bachelors (first degree) wear a hood in black, fully lined in red brocade.
- The Postgraduate Diploma hood is also lined in red brocade, but has a red brocade ribbon on the top edge.
- The Masters hood is in red silk, fully lined in red brocade.
- The University's Doctors of Philosophy wear a red gown, the faces and sleeves of which are trimmed in grey silk; their hood is fully lined in grey silk.
What to wear to your ceremony
We recommend that you wear smart clothing. The gowns are traditionally made to fit onto buttons, so if you are wearing clothing without buttons you may need some safety pins to keep it in place. It is not compulsory to wear robes, although 99.9% of graduates do.
How to collect your robes
You can collect your robe from the Chapter House of Bristol Cathedral after you have registered your attendance at the Cathedral. Robes should be returned after the ceremony in the marquee adjacent to the cathedral.
You can collect your robe in the south aisle of the cathedral after you have registered and returned to the same area after the ceremony.
Please contact Ede & Ravenscroft if you have questions about robes.