Top 10 tips for dealing with UCAS Clearing video
UWE students provide the voices for our animated top 10 tips for getting the best out of UCAS Clearing. Further information and advice is available on our Clearing guidance page.
Animation by David Hutchinson (MA in Animation, UWE).
10. Don't panic -- consider the options available to you.
9. Do your research -- have a look at university websites as well as UCAS.
8. Don't just pick any course -- you need to be interested in it otherwise you're not going to enjoy it!
7. Remember, you could always study part-time if the full time option is full.
6. Ring as many institutions as you want - you don't have to accept the first offer you receive.
5. Have all your qualification information to hand when you ring -- if you have to phone them back, someone else may have got your place!
4. Make sure you accept the offer you want as soon as you can -- some institutions have really tight deadlines!
3. Be prepared to come for an interview at short notice -- especially if you are applying for a health related or teaching course.
2. Find out if your university has a clearing open day -- go and get a feel for the place.
1. It may seem scary now, but it could turn out to be the best thing to happen to you!
You can also watch a great range of videos showing UWE in action on the UWE YouTube Channel.