Information and guidance about returning to your home country after studying or working abroad.
Before you leave
- Ensure you have all of your required travel documentation ready
- Make travel arrangements for pick-up upon your return
- Pack, ensuring you have packed all of your personal belongings
Upon your return to UWE Bristol
- Submit all faculty, placement and/or Erasmus documentation where appropriate
- Provide us with feedback about your experience to help us better prepare others. If you received funding through UWE Bristol (Erasmus funding, Study Abroad bursary or the Go Global Bursary), this is a compulsory requirement. Erasmus and Study Abroad students will receive a ‘Student View’ form by email. Go Global Bursary students will need to provide one of the following: a case study, a blog or diary, photos or videos, or social media postings
- Participate in promotion and preparation activities for future study abroad students – just as previous students did for you!
- Get in touch with UWE Careers to discuss how you can include your experience within your CV and use it towards your UWE Bristol Futures Award
- Join the UWE Bristol Exchange Student Society and get involved with social events for current and former exchange students
- Email photographs and quotes to email@example.com so we can use these on our website and in promotional materials. We enjoy receiving photos of your international opportunities!