Summer school programmes
Summer Schools are short-term immersive packages that combine subject-specific tuition and social activities. They are a great opportunity to gain specialist knowledge, grow your confidence and experience a new culture – without having to commit to spending a semester or whole year abroad.
Students that spend time abroad develop intercultural competence – the ability to work well with people from different cultures – a skill that’s highly valued by employers.
Current Summer School opportunities
Most opportunities are open to students regardless of their area of study, and some institutions offer UWE Bristol students exclusive discounts or fee waivers.
Summer school adverts are updated on InfoHub from February to April each year – search ‘Study Abroad’ as the ‘vacancy type’ or view a selection below. More information for each opportunity can be found directly on the hosting institution’s website.
Please follow the links below to view current Summer School opportunities:
- Erasmus+ traineeship funding - Information onlyEmployer: Erasmus - Placement/Internships offersApplication closing date: 30 Jun 2018Location: Europe United KingdomPDF FAQ about Erasmus+ traineeship funding, this information has now been published online and a links to it included in the Careers Toolkit.
• Accessed through ‘Global work’: www1.uwe.ac.uk/students/careersandemployability/va...
• Direct link to FAQ: www1.uwe.ac.uk/students/careersandemployability/va...
- STUDY ABROAD Summer School Opportunties in Leuven, BelgiumApplication closing date: 15 Jul 2018Location: Leuven BelgiumSummer School opportunities in disciplines such as Architecture, Urban Planning, Humanities, Social sciences, Science, Technology, Engineering, and Biomedical Science.
- STUDY ABROAD Summer School Opportunities in Belgium - Wilderness and Adventure TherapyEmployer: PXL University CollegeApplication closing date: 25 Jun 2018Location: Hasselt BelgiumAn intensive programme to help develop competencies in coaching and guiding, organisation skills and theraputic transfer skills. Suitable for students of occupational therapy, nursing, social work, and midwifery.