Eligible learners for HHP Plus
HHP Plus is designed for learners studying A Levels, BTEC Diplomas and other Level 3 qualifications.
Perhaps they have considered and rejected university without gathering the right information to make the decision. Or maybe they think it is beyond their reach.
“Higher Education seemed a lot less daunting than I thought it would be, so the HHP Plus scheme has been very advantageous to me."
In order to be eligible for the scheme, learners must:
- Have the potential to succeed at degree level.
- Attend an approved HHP Plus partner school or college.
- Meet one or more of the following criteria:
- Live in an area with low progression to higher education, or in a Low Participation Neighbourhood
- Are in the care of a local authority, or are a care leaver.
- Identify themselves as disabled*. This includes long-term health conditions or learning support needs such as dyslexia.
- Have refugee status.
- Identify themselves as belonging to a Black or Minority Ethnic (BME) group. This includes all categories except 'White British'.
- Be the first in the family to attend university (ie parents have not completed a degree in the UK or overseas).
- Need to study locally for an identified health, social or cultural reason.
- Family household income is less than £25,000 per year.
* As defined in the Disabled Student Allowance guidance.
HHP Plus registration
Find out more about the HHP Plus registration process.