About Professional Development Awards
The flexible structure of Professional Development Awards allows you to tailor your course to match your interests and professional development needs.
What are Professional Development Awards (PDA)?
The Professional Development Awards are based on credit accumulation and transfer. You can build credit through a UWE Bristol Work-based Learning module, accredited learning and taught modules to gain a UWE Bristol qualification with the title of Professional Development Awards.
You can negotiate your own programme of study, according to your individual learning requirements and professional goals. Find out more about how to build your own qualification.
Why undertake PDA?
There are many benefits to taking Professional Development Awards. You can:
- Create your own higher education qualification at undergraduate, postgraduate, certificate or diploma level.
- Gain credit whilst working through our Work-based Learning module.
- Decide how and when you learn and how you will be assessed, progressing at your own rate.
- Have previous learning recognised as part of the qualification for the award of credit.
- Enhance your knowledge and skills and the ability to become more productive in your current or future roles.