Group of students studying

Resits, repeat study and visa extensions

If you are required to resit or repeat part of your course you may be able to extend your Tier 4 (General) student visa, however, due to restrictive immigration legislation it may not always be possible.

It is advisable to make contact with a UWE Immigration Adviser as soon as possible to discuss your options.

If you require a Confirmation of Acceptance of Studies (CAS) for a visa extension you will need to ask the University for a CAS by completing a CAS request form. You can collect this form from any Information Point.

Should you be eligible for a CAS you will also have to meet visa requirements as part of the visa application process, some of which are time sensitive. It is advisable to start to prepare your documents before applying for your visa extension.

Applying to extend your visa

For advice and assistance on making an application to extend your visa please speak to a UWE Immigration Adviser.

Back to top