UWE Bristol - Switzerland
At UWE Bristol we are proud of our international reputation. With a thriving international community of students from over 140 countries worldwide, we are the perfect UK university to study at.
Entry requirements - Switzerland
The experienced UWE Bristol International team will be happy to give you advice on the suitability of your qualifications for your chosen programme of study.
Qualifications listed under each heading may satisfy UWE Bristol entry requirements to that level of study. This is not a guarantee of an offer of a place, which is at the University’s discretion.
All students must also have a recognised English language qualification.
Entry onto foundation programmes
If you do not quite meet the entry requirements for our undergraduate programmes, UWE Bristol offers foundation degrees or undergraduate degrees with foundation year entry.
Entry onto undergraduate programmes
Students with the following qualifications:
- Federal Maturity Certificate/Maturitätszeugnis
- Certificat de Maturité
- Attestato di Maturità
- Federally recognised Cantonal Maturity Certificate (Eidgenössisch anerkanntes kantonales Maturitätszeugnis/Certificat de Maturité cantonal reconnu par la Confédération/Attestato di Maturità contonale riconosciuto dalla Confederazione)
- Passerelle Berufsmaturität from Universitäre Hochschulen.
Undergraduate - Year 1:
- French-speaking areas: Students with the Maturité Cantonale with grades of suffisiant
- German-speaking areas: Students with the Kantonale Maturität with grades of genügend
- Italian-speaking areas: Students with the Maturità Cantonale with grades of sufficiente.
Undergraduate Advanced entry - Year 2:
- French-speaking areas: Students with the Certificat de Maturité/Certificat de Maturité Cantonal reconnu par la Confédération with grades of bien
- Students with the Maturität/Eidgenössisch anerkanntes kantonales Maturitätszeugnis with grades of gut
- Italian-speaking areas: Students with the Attestato di Maturità/Attestato di Maturità Cantonale riconosciuto dalla Confederazione with grades of bene
- If you have studied A-levels or International Baccalaureate, further information on entry requirements can be found at Courses at UWE Bristol.
Please note: Where UWE Bristol has an academic agreement in place with an institution, greater flexibility in entry requirements for undergraduate and postgraduate courses may apply as outlined in those agreements.
What to do if you don't meet our entry requirements
If you do not quite meet our entry requirements, our International College offers a range of university preparation courses to teach you all you need to progress to UWE Bristol. We also have a range of Pre-sessional English language courses to get your English skills up to the standard required for entry to UWE Bristol.