UWE Bristol - China
At UWE Bristol we are proud of our international reputation. With a thriving international community of students from over 140 countries worldwide, we are the perfect UK university to study at.
UWE Bristol International Guide (Chinese version)
Entry requirements - China
The experienced UWE Bristol International team will be happy to give you advice on the suitability of your qualifications for your chosen programme of study.
Qualifications listed under each heading may satisfy UWE Bristol entry requirements to that level of study. This is not a guarantee of an offer of a place, which is at the University’s discretion.
All students must also have a recognised English language qualification.
Entry onto foundation programmes
Holders of Senior High School Certificate with a score of at least 70 per cent will be considered for entry onto a foundation degree or an undergraduate degree with foundation year entry.
Entry onto undergraduate programmes
If you have achieved the following, your application can be considered for the first year of a Bachelors degree:
- Senior High School Certificate with a score of at least 85 per cent
- Completed one year of a degree program at a Chinese University with 70 per cent
Advanced entry onto a Bachelors degree can be possible in some cases with the following:
- Completion of a three-year diploma with a score of at least 70 per cent
- Completed two or three years of a degree program at a Chinese University with 70 per cent
- A pass in the SQA HND with a minimum of BBC.
Entry onto postgraduate programmes
Applicants with the following qualifications would be considered for entry to UWE Bristol’s Masters programmes:
- Bachelors degree awarded by a Chinese university after four years of study with 70 per cent, is equivalent to a UK degree of 2:2 (75 per cent = 2:1)
- Holders of a Masters degree will be considered for doctoral (PhD) study.
What to do if you don't meet our entry requirements
If you do not quite meet our entry requirements, our International College offers a range of university preparation courses to teach you all you need to progress to UWE Bristol. We also have a range of Pre-sessional English language courses to get your English skills up to the standard required for entry to UWE Bristol.
Representatives in your country
Global visits and events
Every year we offer a large number of scholarships to international students. Take a look at the full list of UWE Bristol International scholarships to find out more.
You may also want to consider other scholarships available from organisations independent of UWE Bristol.
Top up your SQA-HND at Bristol Business School
As an SQA-HND holder you can choose to top up your qualification to degree level by studying with us at UWE Bristol. Find out more about our progression routes.
Chinese social networks
You can find UWE Bristol on the following social media networks: