Opportunities in Creative Technologies
Hands-on experience is an essential part of your learning at UWE Bristol which is why we encourage you to get out into the real world and put your skills into practice.
All students get the chance to showcase their work and meet potential employers at the annual Degree Show. Take a look at last year’s entries to see how our students bring their passions and creativity to life.
- Get involved with PlayWest – a staff, student and graduate-powered game studio. Of our last 15 interns, 3 secured full-time work with PlayWest, 3 were recruited to RockStar North (joining another 9 graduates already in-post), while a further 6 joined creative technologies MSc courses and 3 joined local game studios.
- Experience the technology behind the scenes on trips to the Albert Hall, BBC Studios Bristol and Dolby Labs.
- Play and perform a range of musical styles at our celebrated Centre for Performing Arts, with groups including our Symphony Orchestra, Big Band, Brass consort, Chamber Orchestra, Contemporary Music Group, Chamber Choir and the University Singers.
- Join the Live Music Society and compete at its annual Battle of the Bands.
- Broadcast with fellow students on Hub Radio.
Product design opportunities
- Work with in-house design teams, design consultancies and manufacturers, such as Opel cars, Disney, Omlet, Kinneir Dufort, Trunki, Mathmos and Mira Kohler.
- Be inspired on design-focused field trips to events including the Barcelona or Milan Design Festival.