UWE Language Exchange provide all language buddies with ideas of when, where and how often to meet, plus some key phrases and ideas for topics to cover. We encourage you to use the resources below to supplement your language learning.
Language Exchange buddy information pack
The Language Exchange buddy information pack provides you with ideas of when, where and how often to meet your buddy plus some key phrases and ideas for topics to cover.
The documents listed below contain key phrases for several languages:
- UWE Bristol’s Library Service - The library offer a wide range of resources to help support your language learning journey between your attendance at Café Lingua and meeting with your language buddy.
- BBC Languages web pages contain useful resources to help you learn how to learn a language including support with grammar and fascinating facts about the languages of the world.
- International tandem network - contains a variety of tasks and topics to help you with your conversations with your language buddy.
- Veinte Mundos - useful information for students learning spanish.
Student societies and cultural events
Getting involved with our societies and cultural events can be a great way to supplement your language exchange.
- The Students' Union at UWE Linguistics Society - A society for anybody interested in language. The Linguistics Society holds lectures on a wide range of Linguistics topics and run events, trips and socials throughout the year.
- The Students' Union at UWE national societies - The Students' Union’s national societies are an ideal way to meet people who share similar identities, cultures and beliefs and take part in cultural activities.
- What's on diary - Keep an eye on the What's on diary for upcoming cultural activities. Why not attend with your language buddy?