Other study spaces
There are many study spaces across UWE Bristol's campuses, including computer labs and learning zones.
All UWE Bristol libraries have different kinds of study spaces, including group-study areas and rooms equipped with assistive-technologies. Frenchay library is open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. View all library opening times.
Study spaces in our libraries
- Silent study – for those wishing to study alone and in silence (Frenchay and Bower Ashton)
- Quiet study – for those wishing to study alone
- Group study – group working and bookable group study rooms
- Facilities for viewing videos and DVDs
- Assistive-technology study spaces
Additional study spaces at Frenchay
- Research zone for academic staff and post-graduate researchers (room 5D20)
- DVD and video-viewing room (room 4D28)
Open-access study spaces
There are many other open-access study spaces around the University, including:
- Frenchay B block: 24 hour computer lab (2B017)
- Frenchay H block: The Phaz Learning Zone - 08:00-21:00, Monday - Friday
- Frenchay Q block: The Hive (2Q08), The Base (3Q50) – 24 hours
- Frenchay S block: Learning Zone (opposite The Street café) – 07:00–21:30, Monday - Friday
- Glenside Learning Zone (next to Traders café) – 07:30–00:00, Monday - Sunday
- Bower Ashton Learning Zone – 08:30–00:00, Monday to Sunday
- View a complete list of student computer labs and printing facilities (includes links to booking systems and faculty-specific labs).
Our campus maps are handy to help you locate study spaces.