Reading and writing
Online resources and tools to help you improve your academic literacy and English language skills and learn about academic integrity issues such as plagiarism and copyright.
Advice and tutorials to help your academic reading skills and improve the notes you make while reading and during lectures.
Information and guidance to help you to think critically about the information you have found.
Advice on academic writing skills to help you improve how you write essays, reports and dissertations.
Plagiarism is using someone else's ideas or words as your own, and is an assessment offence. Advice on how to avoid it - including SafeAssign so you can check your work before you submit.
Guidance and tutorials on copyright issues you need to consider when completing your assignments.
Study support events
- How to search effectively: database searching and RefWorks
- PAL Workshop: Beating exam blues - How to cope with stress
- How to reference and avoid plagiarism
- How to plan and draft your enterprising manifesto essay
- How to make notes from your reading and lectures
- How to get started with critical writing
- Emotional resilience 'Off the Record': making friends with stress
See more Study support events