Find and evaluate information from UWE Bristol Library and online.
Online advice and tutorials
How to find books, articles, and other information - on the library shelves and online - for your assignments and research.
Finding information for specific subjects
Learn how to search subject-specific databases for information that can not be found through Google or the library search.
- Resources for your
Many of the library's subject pages have online tutorials offering specialist advice on finding information for your subject.
Not everything you find will be useful. You need to evaluate the objectivity, accuracy, authority, relevance and timeliness of the information you've found.
(See also the critical thinking page for help with: interpreting information, questioning assumptions, evaluating evidence and comparing hypotheses.)
Ask a Librarian with 24/7 live chat
Can't find what you're looking for? Try the 24/7 live chat service. You can also contact the Library by email or phone.
Study skills events
- PAL (Peer Assisted Learning): How to revise effectively
- How to reference and avoid plagiarism
- Emotional resilience 'Off The Record': thinking traps
- How to put your reading into your writing
- Emotional resilience 'Off the Record': making friends with stress
- PAL (Peer Assisted Learning): emotional resilience
See more Study skills events