Apply to become a PAL Leader
PAL Leaders facilitate study support sessions for fellow students across a variety of subjects.
Applications have now closed for the 17/18 academic year.
Example recruitment process for 18/19 academic year:
- read about the qualities, skills and attributes required, plus the main duties and responsibilities for PAL Leaders
- read about the different types of PAL roles
- work through this Peer Assisted Learning activity informing you about the process and expectations
- complete the PAL application form online
- when choosing a referee, please choose an academic member of staff who knows you well and who would be happy to comment on your academic performance
- you will be invited to attend an assessment day after your exams in May/June
- applicant selection will be based on references from academic member(s) of staff, observations from assessment day and general attitude towards and during the application process
- successful applicants will be invited to attend training workshops over 2 consecutive days in the first and second week in September (please note that non-attendance to training will result in application cancellation).
Senior PAL Leaders
If you have already been a PAL Leader, you can apply to become a Senior PAL Leader and help to motivate, encourage and support current PAL Leaders.