UWE Bristol runs face-to-face sessions to help students develop their English language and academic skills.
Study skills support from the Library
If your query can't be answered immediately, you may be referred to:
- a study skills workshop
- online study-skills materials
- an English language course
You may also be offered an appointment with a specialist adviser. Appointments last around 20 minutes. When you are offered an appointment, please supply the following information:
- what is the problem you are having?
- what strategies have you already tried in order to address this?
- what is your timescale?
Although help can be provided in checking assignments and advising how to overcome problems, this does not constitute a proof-reading service. Further guidance on checking of assignments.
Study skills support from your faculty
Study support specialists in your faculty may also provide one-to-one support.
If you have any queries, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Study skills events
- How to reference and avoid plagiarism
- Workshop: How to stand up and be heard
- Workshop: How to plan and structure your writing
- Workshop: How to put your reading into your writing
- How to search effectively: Database searching and RefWorks
- How to make notes from your reading and lectures
See more Study skills events