How to find out if you have a Specific Learning Difficulty
If you have never been assessed before get screened – it is free!
A screening will give you an opportunity to:
- Discuss study and SpLD concerns and your options with a specialist
- Find out if an SpLD could be affecting your studies
- Decide whether or not to have a diagnostic assessment
If you have had a screening, had a diagnostic assessment before your 16th birthday or are ready to have your first diagnostic assessment get yourself booked in.
A diagnostic assessment will:
- Assess for a variety of SpLDs
- Offer you a better insight into how you learn and may answer questions about why you experience difficulties in your studies
- Make recommendations that have the potential to support your learning and offer strategies that will help you with your studies
- If diagnosed with an SpLD your assessment will provide the evidence you need to access appropriate support for you studies