How to find out if you have a Specific Learning Difficulty
If you have never been assessed before get screened – it is free!
A screening will give you an opportunity to:
- discuss study and SpLD concerns and your options with a specialist
- find out if an SpLD could be affecting your studies
- decide whether or not to have a diagnostic assessment.
If you have had a screening, had a diagnostic assessment before your 16th birthday or are ready to have your first diagnostic assessment get yourself booked in.
A diagnostic assessment will:
- assess for a variety of SpLDs
- offer you a better insight into how you learn and may answer questions about why you experience difficulties in your studies
- make recommendations that have the potential to support your learning and offer strategies that will help you with your studies
- if diagnosed with an SpLD your assessment will provide the evidence you need to access appropriate support for you studies.