Registration and paying fees - returning students
Information on registering and paying tuition fees for students continuing their studies at UWE Bristol. This includes students returning from ‘time-out’, those going on placement and returning from placement, and those transferring from a different course at the same level/mode of attendance.
To register as a returning student at UWE Bristol you will need to take the following steps:
- Step 1: Confirm your personal details
- Step 2: Agree to the University’s Terms and Conditions
- Step 3: Arrange to pay your tuition fees
- Step 4 (international students): In addition to the above steps, Home Office regulations require you to attend a registration session in person at the start of each academic year – this is to confirm your attendance at the University. Registration will not be complete until you have had your passport and visa checked, regardless of whether you have had them checked previously.
Please note: Failing to register may result in your withdrawal from the University.
How to register (steps 1 and 2)
All students are required to register (confirm personal details and agree to the University's Registration Terms and Conditions). Most returning students will be able to register online via myUWE, whilst others will be required to complete a paper registration form.
Most students will able to register online through the Registration tab in myUWE from early August.
Students returning from a Suspension of Studies
If you are returning to study after a period of 'time-out' and have informed the University of your intention, the 'Registration' tab in myUWE will become available to you from 1 September 2017. If you have notified us of a course transfer during your ‘time out’, this will be reflected in your re-registration.
Sandwich placement students
If you are going on or returning from a sandwich placement, the ‘Registration’ tab in myUWE will become available to you from early August onwards, depending on whether you are awaiting the results of any re-assessments.
It is crucial that you register for your sandwich placement year and make arrangements to pay any fees in order for Student Loan funding to be released to you. Failure to register will also affect your access to UWE Bristol systems.
Please note: You cannot start on placement until it has been approved by the Placement Support Team. Please follow the guidance to confirm your placement.
Students in the categories below cannot register online and will need to complete a paper registration form:
- Postgraduate research students
- Continuing Professional Development (CPD) students
- Students at University Centre Hartpury
Information on how to complete a paper registration form will be provided by the University as part of your registration. If you have any questions please contact the University.
Paying your tuition fees (step 3)
View information on how and when to pay your fees for:
Your registration will be confirmed once your fee payment arrangements have been completed.
If you want to know how much you will need to pay, please view our tuition fees information.
If your fees are being paid by the NHS, you will not be asked for payment information at registration.
Please note: You must confirm your attendance
in person in order for your NHS bursary to be
released to you. NHS-funded students must have registered by 30
Students (Home/EU) in receipt of Student Finance
To receive funding by the start of term, you will need to have applied to Student Finance by 31 May 2017. Applications made after this date may result in a delay in funding.
If you have already applied for Student Finance funding and have a query relating to your application, please see our Student Finance FAQs.
If you have queries about any aspect of registering for your studies, you can contact the University. In addition, the Registration Hub will be open on Frenchay Campus daily from Monday 18 September 2017 to Friday 6 October 2017. More information about the Registration Hub will be available towards the end of the summer.
Registration session - International students only (step 4)
You must attend a face-to-face registration session at the start of each academic year for your passport and visa to be checked. To do this, please visit the Registration Hub (which will be open daily from Monday 18 September 2017 to Friday 6 October 2017 on Frenchay Campus). More information about the Registration Hub will be available towards the end of the summer.
You will need to bring the following to the registration session:
- Your passport, visa and/or Biometric Residence Permit (if you already have one)*
- A method of payment if you have not yet paid your course fees. If you are being sponsored for your course fees, please bring a copy of your sponsorship letter.
* If you do not yet have your Biometric Residence Permit you can collect it during the in-person registration session. You must bring your letter from the UK Visas and Immigration department (UKVI) with you. Alternatively, you can provide an electronic copy of your letter on a mobile device.
View more information about Biometric Residence Permits.
Change of circumstance
If your circumstances change and you feel you do not want to continue with your course, please contact a Campus Information Point for advice as soon as you can. There may be alternative options available to you that will help you finish your course. Find out more about how to suspend, transfer or withdraw from your studies.
If you ultimately decide that you do not wish to continue with your studies, you must notify us in writing before the first day of term.
If we receive your written notification after the start of term, you will be liable to pay a proportion of the annual tuition fees (see the UWE Bristol Tuition Fee policy).