Registration and paying fees - returning students
Information on registering and paying tuition fees for students continuing their studies at UWE Bristol. This includes students returning from ‘time-out’, those going on placement and returning from placement and those transferring from a different course at the same level/mode of attendance.
To register as a returning student at UWE Bristol you will need to take the following steps:
- Step 1: Confirm your personal details
- Step 2: Agree to the University’s Terms and Conditions
- Step 3: Arrange to pay your tuition fees
- Step 4: International students: In addition, Home Office regulations require you to attend a registration session, in person, at the start of each academic year – this is to confirm your attendance at the University. Please note: Registration will not be complete until you have had your passport and visa checked, regardless of whether you have had them checked previously.
Please note: Failing to register may result in your withdrawal from the University.
How to register (steps 1 and 2)
All students are required to register (confirm personal details and agree to the University's Registration Terms and Conditions). Most returning students will be able to register online via myUWE whilst others will be required to complete a paper registration form.
Most students will able to register online through the 'Registration' tab in myUWE from early August.
Time-out students returning to study
If you are returning to study after a period of 'time-out', and have informed the University of your intention, the 'Registration' tab in myUWE will become available to you from 1 September. If you have notified us of a course transfer during your ‘time-out’, this will be reflected in your re-registration.
Sandwich Placement Students
If you are going on or returning from a sandwich placement, the ‘Registration’ tab in myUWE will become available to you from mid-July onwards, depending on whether you are awaiting the results of any re-assessments.
It is crucial you register for your sandwich placement year and make arrangements to pay any fees in order for Student Loans funding to be released to you. Failure to register will also affect your access to UWE Bristol systems.
Please note: You cannot start on placement until it has been approved by the Placement Support Team. Please follow the guidance to confirm your placement.
Students in the categories below are not able to register online and will need to complete a paper registration form:
- Postgraduate research students
- Continuing Professional Development (CPD) students
- Erasmus students
- Students at Hartpury College
Paying your tuition fees (step 3)
Please select the most relevant link below for information on how and when to pay your fees.
Completion of fee payment arrangements will confirm your registration.
If you want to know how much you will need to pay, please use the tuition fees pages.
NHS funded students
If your fees are being paid by the NHS, you will not be asked for payment information at registration.
Please note: You must confirm your attendance in order for your NHS bursary to be released to you.
NHS funded students must have registered by 30 September.
Students (Home/EU) in receipt of Student Finance
To receive funding by the start of term, you will need to apply to Student Finance by 31 May 2016. Applications made after this date may result in a delay in funding.
If you have already applied for Student Finance funding and have a query relating to your application, please see our Student Finance FAQs page.
Tuition fee queries
If you still have queries on how much to pay for your studies, you can contact the University or visit the Registration Hub in Frenchay Campus Library. The Hub will be open daily from Monday 12 September 2016 to Friday 30 September. For all other campuses, please visit your local Information Point.
Registration session - International students only (step 4)
You must attend a face-to-face registration session at the start of each academic year for your passport and visa to be checked. To do this, please visit:
- Frenchay Campus - the Registration Hub which will be open daily from Monday 12 September 2016 to Friday 30 September in the Library
You will need to bring the following to the registration session:
- Your passport, visa and/or Biometric Residence Permit (if you already have one)*
- A method of payment if you have not yet paid your course fees. If you are being sponsored for your course fees, please bring a copy of your sponsorship letter.
* For collection of your Biometric Residence Permit (BRP) from the University please bring the letter from the UK Visas and Immigration department (UKVI) with you to the in-person registration session. Alternatively, please have an electronic copy of your letter on a mobile device for checking.
You will also require this letter if you have chosen to collect your BRP from a local Post Office but please note that you must take the original hard copy of the letter to the Post Office.
For more information about BRP collection please refer to the Gov.uk website.
Change of circumstance
If your circumstances change and you feel you do not want to continue with your course, please contact an Information Point for advice as soon as you can. There may be alternative options available to you that will help you finish your course. Find out more about changing direction.
If you ultimately decide that you do not wish to continue with your studies, you must notify us in writing before the first day of term.
If we receive your written notification after the start of term, you will be liable to pay a proportion of the annual tuition fees (see UWE Tuition Fee policy).