Mentor update and training
The NMC requires organisations to ensure that all their nursing mentors, sign off mentors and practice teachers have a 3 yearly review known as the Triennial Review.
Book a mentor update workshop training session for Nursing and Midwifery programme.
Complete and return the mentor update activity sheet located at the end of the workbook to the Professional Practice Office.
PowerPoint presentation used for face to face mentor updates.
Online Mentor update
Complete your online mentor update. Please choose one update method from the two available online e-learning resources below:
- Online Mentor update (slide show only – no audio)
- Online Mentor update (video presentation with audio)
You can use the following documents to record your mentor activities and self-assessment during the update:
- Activity 1 - Recording yearly mentor activities
- Activity 2 - Self-assessment of the learning environment
- Activities 3, 4 and 5 - Your own experience of supporting students, support to students and for yourself, reflection
The Facilitating Learning and Assessment in Practice module is intended to meet the needs of all Health Care Professionals who may mentor, assess or supervise a student within their chosen profession.
- FLAP FAQ sheet
- Facilitating Learning and Assessment in Practice module information
- Preparation on FLAP AEL route
- Sign-off Mentor booklet for the FLAP practitioner
YouTube video providing information about how to use PebblePad for the new Non Credit bearing (NCB) Facilitating and Learning in Assessment Course (FLAP).
The Practice Learning and Student Support module is intended to enable a range of Allied Health Professionals to mentor, assess or supervise a student within their area of practice.
Library help for mentors
We have prepared a short podcast below to give mentors information about useful library resources that are available.