Registration information for International students
International students (those requiring a visa to study in the UK) studying at UWE Bristol will need to register online and attend a registration session in person, where visas and qualifications will be checked.
How to register
As an international student, you can provisionally register online by following the steps on our registration and paying fees page.
Home Office regulations require you to attend a registration session, in person, at the start of each academic year. This is to confirm your attendance at the University and is in addition to completing online registration. Please visit the Information Point at D Block at Frenchay Campus.
Please note: Registration will not be complete until you have had your passport and visa checked.
Once you have successfully completed your registration session, we will give you your student ID card.
What to bring
At the registration session, you will need to bring the following:
- Your passport, visa and/or Biometric Residence Permit (if you already have one)*
- A copy of your offer letter from UWE Bristol
- Original IELTS/English Language qualification certificate
- Original qualifications certificates used to gain an offer with UWE Bristol
You will also need to bring a method of payment if you have not yet paid your course fees. If you are being sponsored for your course fees, please bring a copy of your sponsorship letter.
* For collection of your Biometric Residence Permit (BRP) from the University please bring the letter from the UK Visas and Immigration department (UKVI) with you to the registration session. Alternatively, please have an electronic copy of your letter on a mobile device for checking.
You will also require this letter if you have chosen to collect your BRP from a local Post Office but please note that you must take the original hard copy of the letter to the Post Office.
For more information about BRP collection please refer to the Gov.UK website.
International Student Orientation
Designed to coincide with your course induction and registration activities, Orientation will give you important information about UWE Bristol and the Bristol community. All new international and EU students must attend International Student Orientation.