Registration information for international students (those requiring a visa to study in the UK)
International students studying at UWE Bristol will need to register online and attend a registration session in person, where visas and qualifications will be checked.
How to register
As an international student, you can provisionally register online by following the steps for registering and paying fees.
Home Office regulations require you to attend a registration session in person at the start of your time at UWE Bristol, and every year after this. This is to confirm your attendance at the University and is in addition to completing online registration.
To register, please visit the library foyer on Frenchay Campus (view a map of Frenchay Campus) between Monday 08 January 2018 and Friday 02 February 2018. The opening hours will be 09:30 to 16:00.
Please note: Registration will not be complete until you have had your passport and visa checked.
Once you have successfully completed your registration session, we will give you your student ID card.
What to bring
You will need to bring the following to the registration session:
- Your passport, visa and/or Biometric Residence Permit (if you already have one)*
- A copy of your offer letter from UWE Bristol
- Original IELTS/English Language qualification certificate
- A hard copy of the qualifications listed on your CAS statement
You will also need to bring a method of payment if you have not yet paid your course fees. If you are being sponsored for your course fees, please bring a copy of your sponsorship letter.
* If you do not yet have your Biometric Residence Permit you can collect it during the in-person registration session. You must bring your letter from the UK Visas and Immigration department (UKVI) with you. Alternatively, you can provide an electronic copy of your letter on a mobile device.
View further information about Biometric Residence Permit collection.
International Student Orientation
Designed to coincide with your course induction and registration activities, Orientation will give you important information about UWE Bristol and the Bristol community. All new international and EU students must attend International Student Orientation.