Services available to you
The Wellbeing Service offers support through counselling, mental health and specialist mentoring appointments.
Before you register with the Wellbeing Service, please familiarise yourself with the services available which are designed to help and support you.
Emergency or urgent support
If you or somebody you are worried about has an urgent mental health difficulty or are unsafe, there are a number of options available to you.
- The NHS 111 service is free to call on mobiles and landlines. Dial 111 to speak with an adviser who will assess you and direct you to the best medical option.
- Your local GP may offer urgent appointments.
- Bristol Mental Health are local mental health support providers.
- If there is an immediate emergency, please call 999.
Online counselling with Kooth Student
Wellbeing Service drop-in sessions
The Wellbeing Service is holding drop-in sessions where members of our team are available to give you guidance, advice about the services we offer and help you select self-help resources.
Drop-in sessions are available on a first-come, first-served basis, with each available slot lasting 15 minutes.
- start from Monday 18 September
- run Monday to Friday from 10:00–12:00 and 14:00–16:00
- are only available on Frenchay Campus
- don’t require an appointment.
Just come to the Wellbeing Service reception at 2FC 50 (Felixstowe Court) on Frenchay Campus (view the location on a map) and fill in a short form. Alternatively, you can telephone +44 (0)117 32 86268 if you would prefer a telephone drop-in.
Please note that drop-in sessions are not suitable for crisis situations due to the short-time frame. If there is an emergency you should call 999.
Emotional Resilience Workshops
Wellbeing self-help resources
Counselling or mental health support
Samaritans is a 24/7 service which offers people an opportunity to explore their difficulties, whatever they may be. This service may be appropriate for people experiencing suicidal thoughts but volunteers will listen to any problems.
Personal circumstances (formerly called extenuating circumstances)
Other support at UWE Bristol
Need support on academic matters, accommodation or careers? Or perhaps you want to know about support for international students, financial support, or our Disability Service?
If you are unsure about which support is right for you or for someone you are worried about, please contact our friendly Admin Team for help:
- Tel: +(0)1173286268
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Postal addressWellbeing Service
2FC 50 (Felixstowe Court)
Bristol, BS16 1QY