Urgent medical care
Please call 999 if your situation is life threatening.
For treatment for minor cuts, burns, scalds and bites and suspected broken bones, you can go to the walk-in centre or Southmead Hospital Minor Injuries Unit. Both are open until 20:00 (18:00 at weekends).
- Broadmead GP Walk-In Centre
59 Broadmead (in Boots)
Tel: +44(0)117 954 9828
- Southmead Hospital
Tel: +44(0)117 323 5100
Go to the A&E (Accident and Emergency) department of Southmead hospital. A&E departments are very busy, so if you have a minor medical issue, you may have to wait a significant time for treatment or you may be directed to one of the services above.
You should go to A&E for:
- Suturing or wound and dressing care.
- Lacerations, cuts, fractures, severe sprains and strains.
- Head injuries or loss of consciousness.
- Broken bones or heavy blood loss.
- Persistent chest pain or difficulty breathing.
Please think carefully before you attend A&E.
Tel: +44(0)1179 505050
To find your nearest NHS dentist, call the Dental Helpline on +44(0)845 120 6680 or search for a dentist online.