UWE Bristol Go Global Bursary
The UWE Go Global Bursary offers financial assistance to UWE Bristol undergraduate students who are looking to work or volunteer abroad.
Go Global Bursary scheme closed
The Go Global Bursary is currently closed due to high levels of demand. More funds may become available, so keep checking this page for updates of when it will re-open.
The Bursary pays £500 for European and £1,000 for International opportunities; you will need to demonstrate that the activity is going to be beneficial to your future employment prospects.
Examples of activities that last at least two weeks which must take place outside of the UK include:
- Internships and work experience
- Cultural immersion programmes such as those ran by the British Council
- Teaching opportunities
- Volunteering opportunities
The bursary is not available for Study Abroad opportunities. View information about studying abroad, including details regarding funding support.
Who can apply for the UWE Go Global Bursary?
To see if you are eligible for the bursary, please initially note the following criteria before proceeding with our online Eligibility checker:
- You have not previously received the UWE Go Global Bursary.
- You are a UWE Bristol undergraduate student.
- You are a home student. If you are unsure of your student status please view information on how to determine your fee status.
- Your global opportunity lasts at least two weeks.
- You have been means tested for your student funding for the 2016-17 academic year or you receive.
- You are a current UK domiciled undergraduate student at the point of applying for the bursary. We will accept applications from current final year students but you need to have applied before 14 July 2017 and started the international opportunity by 1 January 2018.
If the answer is yes to all of the above, please proceed with the online Eligibility Checker through InfoHub, for the detailed Student Finance Funding figures needed to determine your full eligibility.
Please note: The bursary eligibility criteria has changed slightly when compared to previous years due to recent changes in Student Finance funding.
Students will also need to have:
- registered for the UWE Futures Award (if eligible)
- fully researched the overseas opportunity, even when it has been advertised via UWE Bristol
- taken out a worldwide travel insurance policy or, for opportunities contributing directly to your degree, confirmed your eligibility for the UWE Travel Insurance Policy. The Travel Insurance Policy, and additional overseas placement information, can be found in our confirming your placement section
- a letter/formal email from the organisation/employer confirming your offer
- agreed to share updates from your time abroad (via social media or blogs) and provide these to the Go Global team.
Please note: The bursary will be awarded on a first come, first served basis once full evidence has been provided. Therefore, once the funds are exhausted or we reach the end of the academic year, the bursary will come to a close.
The bursary will not be available to the following:
- part-time students
- postgraduate students
- non-Home students
- students going overseas to participate in a UWE Study Abroad exchange programme with integrated work experience
- retrospective applications.