UWE Bristol Go Global Bursary
The UWE Go Global Bursary offers financial assistance to UWE Bristol undergraduate students who are looking to work, study or volunteer abroad.
Go Global Bursary scheme closed
The Go Global Bursary is currently closed and will open for applications in November 2017.
The Bursary pays £500 for European and £1,000 for international opportunities; you will need to demonstrate that the activity is going to be beneficial to your future employment prospects.
Examples of activities that last at least two weeks which must take place outside of the UK include:
- Internships and work experience
- Cultural immersion programmes such as those run by the British Council
- Teaching opportunities
- Volunteering opportunities
- Study abroad (non-Erasmus).
The Go Global Bursary is not available for study abroad opportunities, which attract Erasmus funding. Study abroad students who do not receive Erasmus funding are able to apply. View information about studying abroad, including details of funding support.
Who can apply for the UWE Go Global Bursary?
The Go Global Bursary is open to full-time undergraduate students from lower income backgrounds. To see if you are eligible for the bursary, please initially note the following criteria before proceeding with our online eligibility checker:
- You have not previously received the UWE Go Global Bursary.
- You are a UWE Bristol undergraduate student.
- You are a home student. If you are unsure of your student status please view information on how to determine your fee status.
- Your global opportunity lasts at least two weeks.
- You have been means tested for your student funding for the 2017–18 academic year.
- You are a current UK domiciled undergraduate student at the point of making your application for the bursary. We will accept applications from current final year students but you need to have applied before 14 July 2018 and completed the international opportunity by the end of September 2018.
If the answer is yes to all of the above, please proceed with the online Eligibility Checker through InfoHub (login required), for the detailed student finance funding figures needed to determine your full eligibility.
Please note: The bursary eligibility criteria has changed slightly when compared to previous years.
Students will also need to have:
- registered for the UWE Futures Award (if eligible)
- fully researched the overseas opportunity, even when it has been advertised via UWE Bristol
- taken out a worldwide travel insurance policy or, for opportunities contributing directly to your degree, confirmed your eligibility for the UWE Travel Insurance Policy. The Travel Insurance Policy, and additional overseas placement information, can be found in our confirming your placement section
- a letter/formal email from the organisation/employer confirming your offer
- agreed to share updates from your time abroad (via social media or blogs) and provide these to the Go Global team.
Please note: The bursary will be awarded on a first-come, first-served basis once full evidence has been provided. Therefore, once the funds are exhausted or we reach the end of the academic year, the bursary will come to a close.
The bursary will not be available to the following:
- part-time students
- postgraduate students
- non-home students
- students going overseas to participate in a UWE Study Abroad exchange programme which receives Erasmus funding
- retrospective applications.