International Funds Transfer
You should read the information on this page before completing an international funds transfer.
The University of the West of England has now partnered with Flywire to allow students (or those paying on their behalf) to create an account and settle their university tuition and accommodation fees in their local currency.
Why use this service?
- Eliminate hidden bank fees – ensure The University of West England receive the correct amount.
- Save on exchange rates – in most cases you can make a payment in your home currency. Flywire will process the currency exchange – offering you wholesale exchange rates, unmatched by traditional banks as part of their Best Rate Guarantee.
- Peace of mind – 24 hours multilingual customer support when you need it most. Know where your payment is, throughout the process.
What you need
- To have been offered and accepted a place at UWE Bristol.
- A valid UWE Bristol applicant ID (Welcome ID).
- A breakdown of the fees you wish to transfer.
How does it work?
- Go to Flywire - UWE
student fees, enter the amounts in GBP that you wish to transfer and
select the country you are paying from and the payment type you
wish to use. This will be a competitive exchange rate as part of
Flywire’s Best Rate Guarantee and will therefore result in a
lower cost to you in your local currency. Complete the rest of the
Please note: Not all currencies are available and therefore an alternative currency will be offered (Euros, US Dollars or Great British Pounds).
- Complete the payment transaction by either entering your card details, or printing the confirmation advice and taking it to your local bank, or complete an online bank transfer (if you have access to online banking) in your local currency to the bank details provided on the payment instructions.
- Payment confirmation will be emailed to you. You can also track the progress of your payment via an optional SMS service and a progress bar in your Flywire account.
To make a payment please visit Flywire - UWE student fees.
Frequently asked questions
Visit Flywire's FAQ (frequently asked questions) section if you have any queries.
Please note: If you have previously registered to use our former International Funds Transfer partner, Edustep/Pay to Study, and would like to continue to use this service then please complete your payment at UWE Student Fees.