Eligibility criteria for the UWE Bursary
Eligible students will be:
- an English-resident student entering into year one of an undergraduate degree at UWE Bristol – this includes level 0 of a foundation degree
- entitled to funding for fees and living costs from Student Finance England
- from a household with an income of £25,000 or less as assessed by Student Finance England
- entitled to and have taken out the full tuition fee loan for 2017/18
- without any HE qualification such as a certificate of Higher Education, a Foundation Degree, HND etc (this rule does not apply to students registering on previously NHS-funded courses).
Previous study at UWE Bristol
If you transfer between courses at UWE Bristol and register on year 1 of a course again, you will not be entitled to the 2017/18 bursary as your entitlement (or not) to a bursary is set in your first year of study at UWE Bristol.
If you withdrew from your previous course and re-applied via UCAS for your new course at UWE Bristol, you will be considered for the 2017/18 bursary automatically.
Please note: We have a limited number of bursaries and meeting the above criteria does not guarantee entitlement. Allocation will be according to the bursary priorities set by UWE Bristol.
UWE Bursaries will not be available to students who are:
- funded by Student Finance Wales, Northern Ireland or by the Scottish Awards Agency
- undertaking a postgraduate qualification including PGCE courses
- part-time, studying less than 30 credits per year
- have their fees paid for (in part or in full) under a sponsorship arrangement with their employer (such as the Ministry of Defence)
- students registered on any type of CPD course (continued professional development).
EU students are eligible for the UWE Bursary if they receive living cost funding from Student Finance England. If you are only entitled to fee support, you are not eligible for the UWE Bursary.
For full details please see the 2017 bursary policy for new students.