International Scholarships terms and conditions 2017–18
International Scholarships terms and conditions 2017–18.
Terms and conditions
Terms and conditions relating to the UWE International Scholarships available to undergraduate and postgraduate students at UWE Bristol starting a course in January 2018.
- A student can only be in receipt of one University of the West of England scholarship. If you meet the eligibility criteria for more than one of the scholarships, you will be awarded the scholarship which is the most beneficial to you.
- If you have been awarded a scholarship, you will be notified in writing. Full terms and conditions for the scholarship will be sent with the scholarship award letter.
- All scholarships will be given as a tuition fee remission.
- These are one-off awards, which are non-renewable after the first year of study unless otherwise specified.
- For country-specific scholarships, countries accepted are determined by your country of domicile as indicated in your UWE Bristol application.
- All scholarships, unless otherwise specified, are non-deferrable. If you are offered a scholarship and then choose to defer your place, the offer of the scholarship will be withdrawn and you will have to re-apply or will be reconsidered for the scholarship again the following year.
Please note that scholarships are not available in respect of the English Language pre-sessional programmes.
The MBA, BPTC, LPC, GDL, MSc Robotics, postgraduate research degrees and continuing professional development courses are not eligible for the postgraduate scholarships.
Students enrolling at Hartpury are not eligible for any of the UWE Bristol scholarships.
Students enrolling at a UWE Partner Institution overseas are not eligible for any of the UWE Bristol scholarships until studying at a UWE Bristol campus (unless otherwise stated).
You will be eligible for consideration for a scholarship if you meet the following criteria:
- You, the student, are liable to pay the full international tuition fee, ie you are not a sponsored student (unless otherwise specified).
- You are a national of, and resident in a country outside of the EU.
- You have not previously studied in the UK.
- You have been made a conditional or unconditional offer of a place from the University of the West of England, Bristol.
- You meet any specific scholarship requirements
Evidence of fund for successful candidates
Successful candidates awarded the 100% tuition fee scholarship, 50% tuition fees or 25% tuition fees will need to demonstrate they hold sufficient funds to cover their living expenses. This evidence must be supplied when accepting the scholarship.
Successful candidates awarded the 100% tuition fee scholarship, 50% tuition fees or 25% tuition fees will have:
- To undertake an internship working an average of six hours per week.
- To take part in ambassadorial activity for the University as requested.
- Following graduation, they must be an active member of the UWE Bristol Alumni Network by helping the University to promote its programmes to prospective students.
- Failure to fulfil these conditions may result in their scholarship being withdrawn and becoming liable for their tuition fees.
For further information on any of the scholarships above, please email the International Office at email@example.com.