Student sat at Bower Ashton Campus

Support for estranged students

We want you to settle in and succeed in your studies. If you are permanently estranged from your parents and under 25, we will provide you with a package of support.

What support does UWE Bristol offer estranged students?

  • A £3,000 bursary for students starting in 2016.
  • A named contact to help you settle in and give you advice when you need it.
  • Priority allocation to UWE Bristol accommodation for the whole of your course, including the holidays.
  • We will pay your accommodation deposit.
  • You will have access to PAL (Peer Assisted Learning) to help you develop study skills.
  • We will help you apply for student finance and give you expert money advice.
  • Throughout your course, you will get academic advice.
  • You will have the chance to socialise with other estranged students and become a Student Ambassador.
  • If needed, we will pay for your specific learning difficulties tests and you will have a dedicated Disability Adviser.

*You may need to move rooms or flats over the summer.

If you are estranged from your parents and are thinking about applying to UWE Bristol, please email our dedicated adviser Annabel Lee at or call +44 (0)117 32 85678. Alternatively, you can come to an Open Day and talk to us.

Confidentiality and disclosure

You are the owner of all the information about your background. This means that any information you share with us is only shared within UWE Bristol.

Useful links for estranged students

The below links provide information and support for Care Leavers thinking about going to university:

Back to top