Support for carers
We want you to settle in and succeed in your studies. As a carer, we will provide you with a package of support, including a named contact who can give you personalised advice.
What support does UWE Bristol offer carers?
- A £3,000 bursary for students starting in 2016.
- A named contact to help you settle in and give you advice when you need it.
- Priority allocation to UWE Bristol accommodation for the whole of your course, including the holidays.
- You will have access to PAL (Peer Assisted Learning) to help you develop study skills.
- We will help you apply for student finance and give you expert money advice.
- Throughout your course, you will get academic advice.
- You will have the chance to socialise with other carers and become a Student Ambassador.
- You will have access to a dedicated Disability Adviser and may be able to get adjustments to your course such as extended deadlines and help from support workers.
*You may need to move rooms or flats over the summer.
If you are a carer and are thinking about applying to UWE Bristol, please email our dedicated adviser Annabel Lee at firstname.lastname@example.org or call +44 (0)117 32 85678. Alternatively, you can come to an Open Day and talk to us.
Confidentiality and disclosure
You are the owner of all the information about your background. This means that any information you share with us is only shared within UWE Bristol.
Useful links for carers
The below links provide information and support for Care Leavers thinking about going to university: