These are the commitments that we have made to our students.
Teaching and research
- offer you excellent teaching and supervision supported by the physical and technical resources that will enable you to develop your academic skills and fulfil your learning potential
- provide a balanced curriculum that is appropriately practice-oriented and professionally recognised
- ensure that assessment is fair, marks and results are published on time and you receive regular feedback on your progress.
Student support and welfare
- offer a full range of professional and confidential advisory services to support you, in your studies and personal life
- provide you with the information and guidance you need to settle into university life
- offer you study support and impartial academic advice and guidance to enable you to make informed choices
- provide career planning information and opportunities to enhance your employability through work experience placements, internships, community outreach and volunteering.
Environment and community
- provide an inclusive and supportive environment for everyone
- strive to provide a dynamic learning environment including high-quality spaces, facilities and technologies
- support and promote access by all members of our community to the learning opportunities and services we offer
- promote environmentally responsible behaviour
- listen to and learn from the student community.
- provide you with detailed academic information in your Programme and Module Handbook for students on taught programmes and Graduate School Handbook for research students
- provide you with the rules you will be bound by in the Academic Regulations and Procedures
- operate fair and transparent complaints and appeals policies and procedures.