Apply for a health, social care and youth work opportunity
If you would like to volunteer for a Health, Social Care and Youth Work opportunity, please apply by following the links below:
- VOLUNTEER Independent Visitor - to visit a young person living in foster care/residential children?s home once a month, Bristol, Bath, Gloucester Employer: SOVAApplication closing date: 25 Apr 2018Location: Gloucester, Bath, Bristol South West - Gloucestershire United KingdomWe are looking for adults to visit a young person who is living in either foster care or residential children’s home once a month. You will be matched with one young person who needs extra support and encouragement and be expected to be their IV for at least 18 months or longer.
- INTERNATIONAL VOLUNTEERING British Red Cross - International Youth Volunteering Programme - France, Iceland, Portugal, Norway & Germany- Fully fundedApplication closing date: 29 Apr 2018Location: FranceRed Cross International Youth Volunteering is an excellent opportunity to volunteer overseas whilst experiencing a different culture and language! Its fully funded and open to young people aged 18-30 years.
30th August 2018 - 30th August 2019
Travel & volunteer allowance
Volunteers receive a monthly allowance to cover living expenses. They are also provided with a return flight to their host country. Current projects are funded by the European Commission’s European Voluntary Service
- VOLUNTEERING - Night Shelter VolunteerEmployer: Caring in BristolApplication closing date: 30 Apr 2018Location: Bristol South West - Bristol United KingdomVOLUNTEERING - Night Shelter Volunteers
- VOLUNTEERING - 1-2-1 home support - emotional support to older people who may be anxious about having repairs/adaptationsEmployer: WE Care & RepairApplication closing date: 30 Apr 2018Location: England United Kingdom1-2-1 Home Support volunteers provide emotional support to older people who may be anxious about making decisions surrounding having repairs/adaptations their home or moving. This is an excellent opportunity for individuals who enjoy sharing their free time helping their local community.
- VOLUNTEERING - Supporting people with 'hoarding behaviours' - Making Space volunteerEmployer: WE Care & RepairApplication closing date: 30 Apr 2018Location: Bristol England United KingdomThis is a rewarding opportunity to become involved in the innovative Making Space project which has been developed to support people with hoarding tendencies. We are looking for committed, enthusiastic and passionate volunteers who to help empower clients to address their hoarding behaviours.
- VOLUNTEER Advice Worker Employer: Age UK BristolApplication closing date: 30 Apr 2018Location: UK - All Regions United KingdomVolunteers are trained to offer advice to older people on a range of issues including welfare benefits, social care and housing, supervised by an experience member of staff
- VOLUNTEER Telephone BefrienderEmployer: Age UK BristolApplication closing date: 30 Apr 2018Location: UK - All Regions United KingdomVolunteers work as part of a small friendly team to offer valued friendship and support to an isolated older person through a weekly telephone conversation.
- VOLUNTEERING - Special Events Volunteer - BristolEmployer: Penny Brohn UKApplication closing date: 1 May 2018Location: Bristol South West - Bristol United KingdomWe are looking for a motivated and enthusiastic person who is quick to pick up information and new tasks and has good communication and organisational skills. You will be supported in all aspects of the role by the Major Donor & Special Events Manager.
- VOLUNTEER Art & Fundraising Asisstant,- annual art exhibition- Bristol Employer: Milestones Trust - HRApplication closing date: 31 May 2018Location: South West - Bristol United KingdomWe are looking for a volunteer to support the Art & Fundraising coordinator to research opportunities for Expressions, which is our annual art exhibition.
Help identify fundraising opportunities.
Increase the contributions of individuals and groups by building relationships and exploring new opportunities from various sources.
Research into trusts and foundations, grant applications and corporate sponsorship.
Raise awareness of Expression’s work, aims and goals.
Commit one day a week
- VOLUNTEER - Befriender, Stockwood, & Whitehall, BristolEmployer: BrunelcareApplication closing date: 31 May 2018Location: Stockwood, Whitehall UK - All Regions United KingdomBefriend an elderly person
We are seeking volunteers to come and sit with our residents and help them enjoy their day more.
Volunteers can help with activities which may include craft sessions, quizzes and reading or just talking and listening to a resident whilst enjoying a cup of tea.
If you can spare a couple of hours or more per week and would like to make a difference please get in touch, we’d love to hear from you and welcome you to our group.