Apply for a health, social care and youth work opportunity
If you would like to volunteer for a Health, Social Care and Youth Work opportunity, please apply by following the links below:
- VOLUNTEER Community Hub Project, Autumn 2017, Social Action, Community Outreach, Research Project, Kingswood, BristolEmployer: Southern Brooks Community PartnershipsApplication closing date: 21 Oct 2017Location: Kingswood, Bristol South West - Gloucestershire United KingdomA structured experience for some at the start of their career into the charity sector and with a particular interest in community partnership work. Flexible hours, between 1 month - 3 month.
During your volunteering, you'll work on an individual research project, a piece of work which you take responsibility for managing and completing. There will be regular meetings with the staff member supervising you to provide guidance and support with the project.
- VOLUNTEERING - Volunteer Group Facilitators - mental health charity/peer support groups - BristolEmployer: Changes BristolApplication closing date: 22 Oct 2017Location: Bristol South West - Bristol United KingdomChanges Bristol is a mental health charity that runs weekly peer support groups for adults suffering mental distress around the City of Bristol. We are recruiting for facilitators to help run these meetings.
- VOLUNTEER Service User Involvement (SUI) , Bristol - Assisting with the planning and promotion of involvement activitiesEmployer: ShelterApplication closing date: 31 Oct 2017Location: Bristol South West - Bristol United KingdomAssisting with the planning and promotion of involvement activities, to ensure that service users can feedback on the service received and input into the design and delivery of future campaigns and services within the Hub.
Half / One day per week minimum suggested for minimum of 6 months,
Location - Shelter Bristol, New Bond House, Bond Street, Bristol, BS2 9AG
- VOLUNTEER Advice, Support and Guidance , Bristol - Shadowing Advice/Case workersEmployer: ShelterApplication closing date: 31 Oct 2017Location: Bristol South West - Bristol United KingdomProviding help and guidance to clients accessing the advice services and supporting the operation of your local Shelter Office in their day to day business.
Main Tasks to include
- Shadowing Advice/Case workers
- Inputting information on to our case management system
- Making telephone calls to gain information / update clients
- Assisting advisors to write letters
- General basic admin, such as photocopying, scanning, creating client files and filing
- VOLUNTEERING - Supporting people with 'hoarding behaviours' - Making Space volunteer Employer: WE Care & RepairApplication closing date: 31 Oct 2017Location: Bristol England United KingdomThis is a rewarding opportunity to become involved in the innovative Making Space project which has been developed to support people with hoarding tendencies. We are looking for committed, enthusiastic and passionate volunteers who to help empower clients to address their hoarding behaviours.
- VOLUNTARY Social Media Ninja wanted to make a difference to children with low self-esteem!Employer: HappiMeApplication closing date: 31 Oct 2017Location: BRISTOL UK - All Regions United KingdomHave you ever suffered from anxiety or a lack of confidence? Would you like to help stop other children and young people from going through the same? Do you want to make a real difference with your work? If so, could you be our volunteer social media Ninja?
- UWE Primary Schools Volunteer 2017-2018Employer: UWE VolunteeringApplication closing date: 20 Nov 2017Location: Bristol United KingdomAs a UWE Primary Schools Volunteer you will volunteer as a classroom assistant and reading buddy in one of our partner schools. This is a brilliant opportunity to gain valuable work experience in a school, engage with children and develop your interpersonal skills. You might also be able to utilize your subject knowledge to support curriculum areas or lunchtime clubs. The role is what you make it and the more you put into it, the more you will get out of it!
- VOLUNTEER Service User Group Volunteer - create an informative, supportive and social environment?Employer: Milestones Trust - HRApplication closing date: 28 Nov 2017Location: Bristol South West - Bristol United KingdomCan you spare a few hours every two months to support our service user group to create an informative, supportive and social environment?
- VOLUNTEER Telephone Helpline - Penny Brohn UKEmployer: Penny Brohn UKApplication closing date: 30 Nov 2017Location: bristol South West - Bristol UKWhat will I be doing?
• To receive calls to the Helpline and to respond sensitively to their practical and emotional content
• Calling back clients following residential courses in order to maintain links with the centre
• To send out information as requested by the caller
• To refer callers on to other services as appropriate
• To fill out a call log for all calls received to enable monitoring of the Helpline
- INTERNATIONAL VOLUNTEERING - Mental Health Placement - BaliEmployer: SLV.GlobalApplication closing date: 1 Dec 2017Location: Bali IndonesiaSLV.Global is a graduate led volunteer organisation working in Sri Lanka and Bali, Indonesia. We provide Psychology students and graduates with the opportunity to gain hands on experience within the mental health sector as well as an immersive cross-cultural experience.