Key information for students regarding the Celebrating UWE Bristol Talent Awards including the nomination process, key dates and frequently asked questions.
Nominations for the 2017/18 Celebrating UWE Bristol Talent Awards have closed. Thanks to everybody who's taken the time to nominate themselves or a student for an award.
If you've been selected as a finalist, please respond to the awards ceremony invitation by Friday 22 December 2017 at the latest with the names of the guests you plan to bring to the dinner.
Students were able to be nominated for the following categories:
Undergraduate Intern of the Year
Sustainability Student of the Year
Entrepreneur of the Year
Social Entrepreneur of the Year
Placement Students of the Year
These awards are designed to recognise the outstanding achievements of our UWE Bristol students during their sandwich placements, with nominations based on feedback from their employers. Awards include:
- Faculty of Business and Law Placement Student of the Year
- Faculty of Environment and Technology Placement Student of the Year
- Faculty of Health and Applied Sciences Placement Student of the Year.
Global Experience Student of the Year
Volunteer of the Year
Arts, Creative Industries and Education Student of the Year
Frequently asked questions
What prizes do winners and finalists receive?
All prize winners will receive a financial award.
All finalists will receive recognition on your HEAR record (Higher Education Achievement Report), which this documentation records and tracks your achievements and progression including your degree award and can prove a useful tool as you embark on your chosen career.
Furthermore, all finalists will be invited to attend our ‘Celebrating UWE Bristol Talent’ Awards night accompanied by two guests of their choice.
When and where are prizes awarded?
Am I allowed to bring guests and if so, who should I invite?
Do I need to register and confirm my attendance for ‘Celebrating UWE Bristol Talent’?
All finalists will receive an email confirming their selection as finalist no later than Monday 4 December 2017. At this point, finalists will be required to complete a registration form highlighting:
- their details and dietary requirements
- guest details and dietary requirements.
Registration forms need to be returned by Friday 22 December 2017.
Will details about the evening be provided in advance?
If I have a question throughout the process, where should I go to seek help?
Who can enter a submission for the 2017/18 Celebrating UWE Bristol Talent Awards?
The following students are eligible to participate in our 2017/18 Celebrating UWE Bristol Talent Awards, which will be held in February 2018:
- Any student undertaking a sandwich placement or international work experience in the 2016/17 academic year
- Any student undertaking a volunteering opportunity during their time at UWE Bristol
- Any student who undertakes an undergraduate internship from May to September 2017
- Any Level 3 student completing their UWE Bristol Futures Award by November 2017
- Any student undertaking an Entrepreneur and Social Entrepreneur internship 2017